Has anyone heard of ****.com

BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
In my massive amount of applications, I sent out on on one of the big 3 job sites for one stating about a paid LAN/WAN Engineer internship.

I just got a 16 page pdf talking about the program... and I am at work so I can't really sit down and read through it.

The little guy on my right shoulder is telling me this is some sort of scam...but I was wondering before I read it if you guys have any knowledge of this place.

Thanks,

Oh..they actually have a link on their site:

http://www.****.com/Forms/LANWAN_PAID_INTERNSHIP.PDF

Comments

• BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    Whoops, all those X's spell out ****.

Has anyone heard of them?
    Ok, i don't know whats going on... but maybe if someone could let me know.
  • james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Those little X's usually replace known band websites that people try to enter into the forums, it may be a mistake, but generally that's why you see all x's when you enter a URL
    I figured it out, its a comany with a "F" better business bureau rating...so...not even worth discussing. icon_lol.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The little guy on my right shoulder is telling me this is some sort of scam...
    That guy deserves a beer ;)

The reason it's xxxx-ed out is because I added it to the black list. Scam indeed.
  • deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Do you have a list of the blacklisted site, so no one else might get scammed?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    deneb829 wrote:
    The list is:

xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
    xxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
    xxxxxxxxxxxx.net
    xxx xxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxxxx

icon_lol.gif
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jdmurray wrote:
    deneb829 wrote:
    The list is:

xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx
    xxx xxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
    xxxxxxxxxxxx.net
    xxx xxxxxx xxx xx xxxxxxxx

icon_lol.gif

You forgot xxxxxxxxx.xxxxx.org
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    icon_lol.gif

deneb829 wrote:
    The blacklist contains primarily **** and **** sites and just a couple of scam sites. The reason I don't disclose the list, though new addition are reported to other site owners, Pearson VUE, and the vendor(s), is because I don't want to 'promote' the urls in it. If you want to seach google and avoid running into ****/**** sites as much as possible, use our filtered Google search here:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/search.shtml

There's an increasing amount of job scams on the web, especially work-from-home job scams. Following is a good article about it.

icon_arrow.gifwww.fraudaid.com/Scamspeak/Nigerian/payment_processing_scam.htm

In general, if it walks like a duck...
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I got the same thing a while back, telling me I could have MCSA, MCSE+sec/msg, CCNA/NP/IE, and a few other certs, in less then a year. The program would make me move to California for the classes, which are powered by **** **** and other non-ethical crap, and taught at a pace that would confuse anyone without 50 years of IT behind them, which eliminates most all of us. The schooling would be paid for, thru my own salary, that they would negotiate, and subtract what I owed until paid off....there were some other details I can't think of, but regardless, it's the ultimate boot camp scam...you'd get no value experience, and be left with a hole in your wallet the size the Grand Canyon.....thankfully, it's been blacklisted here, so no one here trys it.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Webmaster wrote:
    I don't want to 'promote' the urls in it.

That makes sense. I am not worried about the **** sites as much as the sites that promise a passing grade for big bucks or your money back. I don't remember the name of the place, but I spoke with a guy before I took my 1st test. He promised MCSE in a few months for only $3000 (a deal becasue it's normally like $5000) and financing is available. At the time I was freaking out about the 70-290 and for a short time I actually considered it. When I did the research, I found that they had over 160 complaints against them on the BBB website. They continued to call and even get nasty. A lady called back a few times and said her name and mentioned that I had spoke to one of their representatives. It was the guy's wife. Shessh, I guess when he said he lost the sale when I started hanging up on him, she probably called him an idiot and decided to do it herself. Just last week someone called back. It took me a minute to figure out it was another training sales call - I just gently hung up mid-sentence. I hope he's still talking.

Unfortunatley, now, I pretty much don't trust anyone. Even the preplogic site is offering your money back if you pass.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.