Options

feature set

MALLYG34MALLYG34 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok guys i downloading a few ios,but what feature set should i use or does it mattter. Some say IP Plus,IP,Enterprise plus,IP/IPX Plus and more. which should i choose
Anyone living in New York looking for a study partner for the CCNA. Email me at JSlade@schools.nyc.gov.

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    it all depends on what your trying to do. i would say get all of the ones you can as there's no telling when or what u may need as your lab changes
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Enterprise plus would have the most features,here's a nice link to check when you need a feature.
    http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    But if i dont have alot of memory which would be the simple feature set i can use to study?
    Anyone living in New York looking for a study partner for the CCNA. Email me at JSlade@schools.nyc.gov.
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MALLYG34 wrote:
    But if i dont have alot of memory which would be the simple feature set i can use to study?

Check out the link i provided you should be able to find the ram and flash required per ios load.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Since memory is you limiting factor (unless you upgrade) -- run the biggest image you can fit into memory.

You don't need crypto or Firewall for the CCNA.

If you can fit a 12.x Enterprise Plus, do it. If that is to big, Then go to 12.x IP Plus.

If you can't fit an IP Plus in memory, um, upgrade the memory when you can, and go for an image that supports IP.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thanks alot Mike, thats the answer i was looking for.