Options

deploying outlook 2003 using group policy

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
hi everyone

I'm wondering how tough this is and what to look out for??

we just bought exchange enterprise 2003 it is is partially implemented.... it's inplace almost set pu but all mail boxes need to be moved over and then we have to remove the old server.

but with this we now have licences for outlook 2003...since we have some users using office 2000 some on XP and some on 2003.... I'd love to standardize it as muh as possialbe since all but one system on my network is XP.

anyways how hard is it to actually do this.... I've done it in a small environment with small aps that require very little configuration but never with sometihng like outlook

I suggested we just push it down using a poilicy and my boss laughed and said good luck but if you cna do it I'll be impressed....so being a sucker for punishment and wanting to prove my self I want to give it a go.

is it really hard to deploy to 50 users???

Comments

• Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Msi packages don't care if its 1 user or 500.

You would want to assign the software package to all the users in a GPO.

I haven't done it, but you will need to create an answer file for the installation. I would hate to do it without using a volume license for Office.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    Trailerisf wrote:
    Msi packages don't care if its 1 user or 500.

You would want to assign the software package to all the users in a GPO.

I haven't done it, but you will need to create an answer file for the installation. I would hate to do it without using a volume license for Office.

we have a volume license version..... what I think I'll do is ask my boss ot bunr a copy of the CD tkae it home and create a virtualized test lab.... get it working there then implement it here

if memory serves me correctly setup.exe /a allows you ot create an answer file

if anyone has done this can you give me any tips or tricks