Options

Quick question...

tibultibul Member Posts: 240
I know DNS is one of the main things i need to learn for this test, but what other things should i know really well? is there questions on subnetting etc?
Studying 70-292.
Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check out the "Skills Being Measured" section of this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-216.asp

Looks like DNS, DHCP, Remote Access, Network Protocols (see link for details), WINS, IP Routing, and Certificate Services.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    ah thanks for the link i should have checked that in the first place icon_lol.gif

Ill be taking this exam at the end of december which will make me an MCSA finally, although everybody calls this the beast so i hope i can study enough before the date.
    Studying 70-292.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    The 2000 track is different than the 2003 track. In W2K track, MCSA is not completely a subset of MCSE. With MCSA you need 70-218, not 70-216. 216 can be used as an elective though.

Just thought I'd warn you.

If I recall, remote access is heavily covered too.
  • Options
    yeah, i've done 70-218 and thought i'd use the 70-216 to help boost my knowledge more even if it is the hardest, next i think ill do security+ then the other ms elective to get MCSA: security then upgrade to MCSA 2003
    Studying 70-292.
  • Options
    If that's your track, I wouldn't bother with 216. 218 is close enough, and if you are going for the security track, you won't need 216.
    Trust us, if you are planning to upgrade to 2003, the 292 test will be tough enough.
  • Options
    makes me wonder now if to just get the security certs to get my MCSA: security, although is the security+ and the 292 upgrade exam harder than 70-216? i dont mind the hard ones but i like to know what im up against.

although maybe i will do the 70-216 that way it leaves me in a better position to go for MCSE if i decide too.
    Studying 70-292.
  • Options
    For the security specialization, you need TWO security electives which are also your general MCSA 2000 electives.
    Sec+/A+ can be one of the two required electives.
    214, 227, and 350 are some others listed at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/security/windows2000.mspx
    I think some of the MCSA 2003 Security electives will also work.
    Then again, the 2003 security elective, such as 299, is not listed in the cert planner.
    I would do one of the ISA exams for your second security specialization, since they will port over to 2003 as well.