Options

TechExams CCNA practice test

MAC_GLASGOWMAC_GLASGOW Inactive Imported Users Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

just did the techexams pactice test, i take it some of the Qs are out of date for the CCNA?

A couple of the Qs are on Novell / Token Ring. I have just completed the CCNA Academy and was told Token Ring and Novell has been removed from the curiculum

So no need to worry?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    just did the techexams pactice test, i take it some of the Qs are out of date for the CCNA?
    It's possible a couple of question are out of date, as several of the questions are ported from our previous CCNA practice exam. However, you may not need to know the details of Novell, Token Ring, and even Appletalk, you should know 'of' the them. I'm working on some new practice questions and some topic specific 'quizzes' and will see if any 'older' ones really need to be removed when I add those.
    So no need to worry?
    Yes, no need to worry.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've also been told that there's hardly any (if any at all) ISDN stuff on the current CCNA exams. Like webmaster said though, it's important to know of the technology, even if you can't configure it from memory.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    I'll run around the block naked if I don't have to learn anymore isdn... Booooring.

I guess I really should look at the updated exam topics.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    MAC_GLASGOWMAC_GLASGOW Inactive Imported Users Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Is there anyway to tell for certain that ISDN has been removed though?

On CCNA site it mentions WAN technologies, it doesn't mention specific technologies.
  • Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    Technology

* Describe the Spanning Tree process
    * Evaluate the characteristics of LAN environments
    * Evaluate the characteristics of routing protocols
    * Evaluate rules for packet control
    * Evaluate key characteristics of HDLC, PPP, Frame Relay, DDR, and ISDN technologies

Thats for the ICND (640-811) - which I took. ISDN is in the blueprints for the ICND, and I'm just making an educated guess, but I would assume it was fair game for the 640-801.

For ISDN just make sure you know your reference points and function groups, and a basic understanding of ISDN configs. While ISDN might be a dying technology, we still use DDR for dail backup, so DDR would be something to learn.

Also - you dont want to fail by one or two questions because Cisco asked a couple easy ISDN questions....