Passed 293

bear86bear86 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I passed the 293 today with a 745. 3 more to go to MCSE. I know it's not the greatest score but I was just relieved to see that I had passed. Of all the tests so far I think I was the least confident hitting the done button on this one. But anyways, it's all over now and it's on to the 294.

I had 43 questions, 3 sims and it took about 2.5 hours. My sims were on i]edited out by moderator[/i. As expected there were a lot of questions on certificates, security templates, and few on clutering and NLB.

I had about 4 or 5 questions that asked questions about Windows 98 and NT 4. I thought this was pretty dumb and I was totally unprepared for it. So if you are looking to take this test you might want to spend a little time in that area.

Don't believe the hype that this is an easier test than 291. It may be easier for some people but it definitely requires some pretty thorough study time.

Good luck all!!

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job bear86, and thanks for the summary. icon_cool.gificon_thumright.gif

(Actually, your summary was a little too good, sorry I had to edit a little bit out). :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    sprkymrk wrote:
    (Actually, your summary was a little too good, sorry I had to edit a little bit out). :)
    You only did that because you knew that I was reviewing for this exam. Why are you trying to hold me back man icon_lol.gif
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    sprkymrk wrote:
    You only did that because you knew that I was reviewing for this exam. Why are you trying to hold me back man icon_lol.gif

You know this stuff inside-out. Quit pretending to be humble. :P
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • nevets2001uknevets2001uk Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    Congratz! Usually the 98 and NT questions are used to test knowledge of WINS and legacy stuff and are normally a giveaway as to what the correct answer should be. Microsoft doesn't give you questions, they give you very long riddles!
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • bear86bear86 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Good job bear86, and thanks for the summary. icon_cool.gificon_thumright.gif

My bad, I thought I was pretty general in what I stated about the sims. I didn't think I had stated anything other people haven't when summarizing their sims. But no matter, thanks for editiing it for me.

And thanks for the congrats everyone.
  • bear86bear86 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikey_b wrote:
    Congratz! Usually the 98 and NT questions are used to test knowledge of WINS and legacy stuff and are normally a giveaway as to what the correct answer should be. Microsoft doesn't give you questions, they give you very long riddles!

This wasn't the case for my questions. I can't give away too much I guess, but there were some questions relating to modern technologies and how 98 and NT fit in. But I do definitely agree with the riddle part. Sometimes the answers aren't really that hard when you finally figure out what the question is asking.