Will be sitting on the exam in 2 weeks.....Need help

A_AA_A Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
will be sitting on the exam in next 2 weeks, right now i am reading MeasureUp’s Practice exam : Q & A with Explanations and Rick Wallace, MCSE (Exam 70-270) Microsoft XP Professional Practice exam : Q & A with Explanations ..

Think its ok to read all these : Q & A with Explanations ???? will be able to pass, total question i have around 500.... icon_confused.gif:

Plz any comments on that....

Comments

• thealphathealpha Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have you worked with Windows XP at all?

Instead of trying to memorize 500 questions you may want to try reading through the MSPress book and the free study guides here and at MCMCSE. Reading only Q and A will limit your knowledge and likelihood of passing. Either way, good luck on your exam.
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    Take a look at the TechNotes for this exam on this site, they're great! Be sure you understand them and the Q&A should be very straightforward and easy. I read a book (can't even remember which) but remember finding the TechNotes easier to read and the exam was easy after combining that with stuff I already knew.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • EverlifeEverlife Member Posts: 253 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Aziz_1 wrote:
    Hi guys,
    will be sitting on the exam in next 2 weeks, right now i am reading MeasureUp’s Practice exam : Q & A with Explanations and Rick Wallace, MCSE (Exam 70-270) Microsoft XP Professional Practice exam : Q & A with Explanations ..

Think its ok to read all these : Q & A with Explanations ???? will be able to pass, total question i have around 500.... icon_confused.gif:

Plz any comments on that....

If you're planning on just reading the questions and answers for the exam, you will not pass. Even if you did manage to memorize all 500 questions, you would still fail using that method.

If you haven't all ready, pick up the MS Press Book and read the Tech Notes available on this site. I would also recommend you reschedule your exam for a later date and take some time to review the material.
  • A_AA_A Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for kind information, Yes i read some notes from my book ...Installing Windows XP Professional, Devices and Drivers, Implementing and Conducting Administration of Resources, Encrypted File System (EFS), Performance, Backup, Restore, Repair, and Recover.

But still missing Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and Internet Connection Firewall (ICF), Internet Information Services (IIS), Local User and Group Accounts , Auditing, Internet Explorer.

I have about 13 days, and i can read notes and each dat i also read abou 40 question and take test, so what you guys think... icon_confused.gif:

I DONT HAVE ANY EXPERENCE WITH WINDOWS XP...icon_confused.gif

Plz COMMENTS......
    I'd say reschedule the exam. There is no way you should be taking it at this point.
    Guys

Just asking if in 270 any simulation questions icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:

Plz let me know...

advance thanks....
  • BF2MadBF2Mad Member Posts: 171
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Aziz_1 wrote:
    Guys

Just asking if in 270 any simulation questions icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:

Plz let me know...

advance thanks....

Answering that kind of a question violates the non-disclosure agreement we all signed. As for your other questions, I'd say you need some hands-on experience with XP before you sit this test. For both the purposes of knowing the answers and being honest with yourself. You couldn't get your drivers license without ever having sat in front of the wheel of a car, could you? Reschedule the test, get some experience, then sit for it when you are ready.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Everlife wrote:
    I'd say reschedule the exam. There is no way you should be taking it at this point.

I agree with this.

You say you don't have any experience with XP, so you're basically memorizing practice tests. What happens when you get there, and all the questions are different from your practice ones? You need to know your way around the OS. How it works.... everything about it.

Save yourself the time and money, and study up. Read the books, and use the OS.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    I am not trying to be offensive, but this is a classic act of a paper cert technician. Please do us all a favor and please dont help someone who has not or is not willing to spend the time it takes to truely understand the OS. This just degrades the status of a person with a MCP.

If you are truely wanting to learn the information please take the information given here and use it to study.

icon_mad.gif
    Thanks everybody for kind reply regarding my questions...I am a IT student and what i mean, I dont have any realy working experence with xp, and i am not trying to memorizing Answers.

I am using Thomson Learning book and Video about window xp and learning . read book notes about 5 parts and still was missing 2 last part, i belive protocols and security.

But i am reading these2 parts now and taking Practice exam ....MeasureUp’s and using online Practies exam and getting about 80 or some time more, since last week studing hard daily about 3 to 4 hours and still have 10 days, now in this stage i am, I start reading question and most of time understand what is a prob.

anyway thanks again for reply and looking all of your comments about this reply.
    If you're using the Thomson book, I'd say your best bet would be to do the case studies and projects at the end of each chapter. If you have the lab manual, even better. The Thomson Learning series has always has excellent lab-work sections, and you'll definately benefit from doing all of them, if you have no working experience. (The same is true for any book you use, do all the "optional" work at the end of the chapters.)

Thanks for replying, Yes Thomson Learnings are good, I have Labsim for XP, and realy good.

I have about 1 week now for Exam and i have no plan to change exam date.

One thing i didnt not agree, just reading book will not help, if you are also not taking Practice test with Explanation. Maybe this is the way i understand.

But labsim help me in some questions.

Any body hear about T KING practice exam? icon_confused.gif: I heard from many people about Test K, all said they are good.

ONE THING PLZ KEEP IN MIND, DONT LIKE TO ****, BUT LIKE TO LOOK AND READ DIFFIRENT EXAM AND NOTES.

Always think deep

Thanks. :D
    Aziz_1 wrote:
    One thing i didnt not agree, just reading book will not help, if you are also not taking Practice test with Explanation. Maybe this is the way i understand.

But labsim help me in some questions.

Any body hear about T KING practice exam? icon_confused.gif: I heard from many people about Test K, all said they are good.

ONE THING PLZ KEEP IN MIND, DONT LIKE TO ****, BUT LIKE TO LOOK AND READ DIFFIRENT EXAM AND NOTES.

Always think deep

If you don't like to ****, don't use that particular "practice exam". No matter how you look at it, it's a **** and you're cheating if you use it. The "practice questions" on it are the questions from the real exam that people have memorized from their own tests. By doing this, they violated the non-disclosure agreement they signed when they went in to take the test, and you'd be doing the same thing by using it. It's not only a violation of your contract, but if you were discovered to have used or created ****, you can be held liable to the full terms of your contract. (That means legal issues for you, and you'll never be able to earn the certification.)

It's not a good way to learn because it only shows you the answers to particular questions. It doesn't give you the knowledge and experience to tackle any kind of question you'd come across, no matter how it's asked; in the end, that's what these exams are supposed to represent. Use the books, use the legitimate study guides, and then go take the test without cheating or memorizing answers. You'll be better off for it, and your certification will be worth more when you can actually do the job it says you should be able to do. If you know the material, if you've studied and worked with the technologies you're being tested on, you should be able to pass the exam easily.

TechJunky wrote:
    I am not trying to be offensive, but this is a classic act of a paper cert technician. Please do us all a favor and please dont help someone who has not or is not willing to spend the time it takes to truely understand the OS. This just degrades the status of a person with a MCP.

If you are truely wanting to learn the information please take the information given here and use it to study.

icon_mad.gif

I couldn't agree more Techjunky.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Everlife wrote:
    TechJunky wrote:

icon_mad.gif

I couldn't agree more Techjunky.

Hold on a minute guys. He states that he is an IT student, has a good book and video training product for XP, he's frequenting this site for help, has a real desire to learn the material, and is doing labs. I'd say he is doing the right thing to get his first cert. Lots of people follow this same method before breaking into the IT world.

So long as he stays away from that **** material he asked about, I have no problem with him attempting the exam. He'll be at a disadvantage from his lack of experience, but that just means he'll have to try harder. Let's remember where we all started before we became certified and/or employed.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    Thanks for everybody reply, in all way. I am still going for exam next week and i dont feel bad some of comments, but i agree need to know what for going, thats why i am IT student and trying to learn, not ****, BUT i want to pass exam.

I been reading last 2 months some notes and book and taking diffirent practice exam and its help me alot to understand. But honestly i spent more time in practice exam with explanation.

But still not feeling good, my week part is Protocols. but trying to understand.
    Little getting better.
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    You'll always doubt yourself. I'm the same way. I doubted myself all through my last exam, and thought for sure I failed it, but passed with a great score. Just try to relax during the exam.

If you feel you're ready, then knock it out.

Good luck icon_thumright.gif
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
    yes agree, and that way i study little more harder..its help me.. :D , I never feel ok , maybe this is my ist cert exam....