PASSED THE OS 2DAY...GOT 713...IT'S NOT REALLY DIFFICULT

gameprogamepro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey friends... I passed the A+ OS exams today. It really was not the big bad wolf that i thought that it was. I started of on fire but was cooled down about half way there. It's unto the Hardware for me now. I have a few tips for u if u need some. Just let me know...

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

And as far as tips...know the objectives and you should do just fine :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • edison_718edison_718 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats.. good job.. now let me in on some of them tips buddy my big day is tomorrow..
    Knowledge is power and i love learning.
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • gameprogamepro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Eddie, Sure u don't need them any more cause by now you have passed your exam! But to everyone who hasn't done their exams as yet.

Study the Material! Get a good updated book. I used the outdated 2001 Osborn Study Guide Third Edition but recommends u get something much more updated.

Preplogic is a very good pratice test software. Found some of the questions almost word for word. Plus it teaches you things that you will see on the exams.

There are quite a few questions testing how you use WinXP interface to get to locations such as printer properties, virtual memory settings and so on. Your questions won't be the same as mines perhaps but they should be similar.

Customer Service common sense questions, even got a couple questions on actions for spyware infections. Know your files like NTDETECT.COM, NTLDR, IO.SYS. Know commands like MSCONFIG and registry repair commands like Scanreg/fix.

There's a hundred questions until at least DEC.31st 2006. But don't worry you have more than enough time. You'll be nervous at the start but will over come it as you go on a roll. mark all questions you would like to re-check. Most questions are straight forward and one or two lines. SO GO FOR IT GUYS!
  • ivnjivnj Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Easy for you maybe. I only got 474. I couldn't understand all the 200/XP/DOS files and startup tihngs. Boot.ini, etc. The books are too vauge.

Still looking online.

Thanks,
    ivnj
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    ivnj wrote:
    Easy for you maybe. I only got 474. I couldn't understand all the 200/XP/DOS files and startup tihngs. Boot.ini, etc. The books are too vauge.

Still looking online.

Thanks,
    ivnj

What study materials are you using? I usually use atleast 2 sources of books, and 2 different practice tests. If you're failing with a low score, you need to review everything. One user might get all easy questions, the other might get all the hard ones. Either way, both users should know the objectives.

Congrats on the pass Gamepro!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    The books you used are great, however I would use another source of practice test than what you listed. Not that there is anything wrong with them, just use as much of everything that you can find. There are great tests on here, and MCMCSE.com.

Measureup and transcender is great too.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!