Options

Which Study Material is best?

kovokovo Member Posts: 122
From experience does anyone recommend Exam Cram 2 for exam 294?
I have this book for free which i am reading until i get the Sybex text book. Any idea on best text for this exam, im hoping to hit this in about 1 month, AD seams the most straight forward exam so far

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I think the exam cram books are good, although they obviously don't into as much detail as a full sized book such as the Sybex. I'm using Sybex and exam cram, and you could too. Leave the big one at home, and take the small one with you to work or school. You'll always be able to read something on AD, or whatever you are working on.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    BaggieBaggie Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Used MSPress for reference and Testout for actual studying, I prefer the Virtual Classroom instructor led training, it works better for me, i take more in. Good Luck
  • Options
    kellyckellyc Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just finished the Exam Prep book today and I think it is the best I've read. For this exam (which I'm taking on Tuesday), I have read most of the MS Press book, the Exam Cram book, and the Exam Prep book. I hated the Exam Cram book. I liked the MS Press book at first but grew to dislike it. I like the Exam Prep book. It seems to be written well and is easy for me to engage with and pay attention to.
  • Options
    dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kovo wrote:
    From experience does anyone recommend Exam Cram 2 for exam 294?
    I have this book for free which i am reading until i get the Sybex text book. Any idea on best text for this exam, im hoping to hit this in about 1 month, AD seams the most straight forward exam so far

For awhile, I grew to dislike the exam cram series, as there isn't enough detail on it's own to cover all of the test. However, as I've gotten more hands-on experience at work, I find it easier to briefly cover the objectives and basic facts with exam cram. For details, I tend to rely on the MS-Press training kits and the Measure Up tests on the CD with the book. Test Out CBTs are good for simulators and class-room style teaching. Some Test Out CBTs (at least one) have a speaker that studders too much/abruptly changes topics without transitions, which makes it difficult for me to follow. Whereas I've had great experiences with the other MS exams, so it really just depends.
    Sybex books are good but their tests with the book's CD are lousy (in my opinion). The only thing you can rely on for the full detail is the MS Press book, hands down. Microsoft Book for a Microsoft test. Otherwise, I wouldn't rely on one source material alone. : icon_cool.gif
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates