A tad insane?

HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
I don't know what the hell I am thinking the past few days, but I have decided that it would be cool to finish my CCNP by the end of the year. I know I should have thought about that a month ago icon_confused.gif Anyways I have booked my BSCI on the 22nd, BCRAN for the 28th and CIT for the 31st.

If I fail, I could careless. I was planning on doing the ISCW and ONT next Spring anyways after I finish a semester of school. I am going to give these all a good shot, study like mad since I have from the 23rd - 2nd of January off from work (well work from home....you know basically the same thing ;)) So I am fully loaded with the TrainSignal videos, renting some rack time for ISDN on the 26-27th, and I have the BCRAN and CIT books by Cisco Press. Let's see what I can do.
Now working full time!

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm already on the record as "crazy helps." And Insane is just a little bit more intense crazy, right? Yeah, that intensity should help. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Insane?? Well...Yes, but that's what you have to be to survive in this business. :P

Good luck icon_thumright.gificon_study.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    I agree with Mike, insane helps. I did all 4 in 4 months flat, including working the whole time, so if you have a jump, and time off, you can do it. Good Luck!

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    PCHoldmann wrote:
    I agree with Mike, insane helps. I did all 4 in 4 months flat, including working the whole time, so if you have a jump, and time off, you can do it. Good Luck!

Peter

Thanks Peter and too everyone else for the words of encouragement!!!
    Now working full time!
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Naw, Insane would be booking the CCIE written for the 1st... :P
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • TregTreg Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    A tad insane?
    Well, normal it sure isn't, but it looks 'possible'. I think you divided the relatively little time you have pretty well. You'll be preparing for the CIT exam too while you're studying for the BSCI and BCRAN. And even though the new exams are different, it's not like learning the topics of the current exams is a waste. Good luck!
  • thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    i passed all my NP exams in a months time.. studied for about two months prior to that. I had a test each week... november sucked.. haha
    Switches are bridges on steroids!
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Take time with the show and debug commands while you work on the first 2, you will need it when you get to CIT.

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
    PCHoldmann wrote:
    Take time with the show and debug commands while you work on the first 2, you will need it when you get to CIT.

Peter

Good to know :D
    Now working full time!
    Well, so far so its been stressful as expected :):o I am finishing up my Multiarea OSPF lab today. Then onto IS-IS, after that I have Route-Redistribution and BGP left.

I have gotten some Audio CD's which I listen to in the car, and I am going to take MrD's idea and buy an s-video cable so I can watch videos on my TV, so there is no "downtime" ;) I hope to have the BSCI written on the 18-19th, to give me more time for BCRAN (fun!) :D

Anyways, just letting you all know life sucks pretty big right now and I cannot wait for the end of the year!!!!
    Now working full time!
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Thata'boy! Keep it up and sooner than later you will be doing all night CCIE labs with us :)
    MrD wrote:
    Thata'boy! Keep it up and sooner than later you will be doing all night CCIE labs with us :)

Hopefully! So far I am finding the routing to be more fun then switching. There is alot more material on routing then switching for sure. I guess I will see which exam is easier when the 12/22 rolls around.
    Now working full time!
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    I guess I will see which exam is easier when the 12/22 rolls around.
    I hope for you ! icon_lol.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
    Well I am just finishing up route redistribution and I am struggling a bit with the distribution lists used for redistribution. I think I need to sleep because my brain just isn't functioning right now.

One topic left is BGP, the biggy, then the minor topics like IPv6, NAT..etc

I am using the Self-Study book by Diane Teare/Catherine Paquet, routing audio cd's by IPExpert, and TrainSignal.

Uneasy about the workload I have ahead of me around X-Mas. I am going to see how I do on the BSCI before I make any decisions whether to write the BCRAN/CIT or not.

Just an update on my progress!
    Now working full time!
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I smell burn out, i really dont think its possible to do the bcran in the 28th after BSCI on the 22nd,probably no study on 22nd due to exam exhaustion, no study on 25th as its chrismas day,maybe you even miss the 24.During this period you will be lucky to get a solid 4 days, if you pass you will foget in a week so whats the point,you may as well use a ****.Also i'm not sure about employers being interested in exam dates but i dont think it looks good to have on record 3 ccnp exams finished in a 2 week period.
    Up to you of course but i think your time would be best spent on the new course whcih have been introduced for a reason.Anyway good luck with whichever way you go,maybe you will prove me wrong.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
    ed_the_lad wrote:
    I smell burn out, i really dont think its possible to do the bcran in the 28th after BSCI on the 22nd,probably no study on 22nd due to exam exhaustion, no study on 25th as its chrismas day,maybe you even miss the 24.During this period you will be lucky to get a solid 4 days, if you pass you will foget in a week so whats the point,you may as well use a ****.Also i'm not sure about employers being interested in exam dates but i dont think it looks good to have on record 3 ccnp exams finished in a 2 week period.
    Up to you of course but i think your time would be best spent on the new course whcih have been introduced for a reason.Anyway good luck with whichever way you go,maybe you will prove me wrong.

You are absolutely correct. I have realized there is no point in completing my CCNP so quickly -- I would rather have the knowledge. BCRAN material is good to learn of course, but at work we are headed towards the new ISCW and ONT curriculum. So I am going to talk to prometric today and see if I can cancel my exams.

I will focus more on the BSCI material, and when I finish it I will review BCMSN and BSCI topics before I head to school in January.
    Now working full time!
    ed_the_lad wrote:

You are absolutely correct. I have realized there is no point in completing my CCNP so quickly -- I would rather have the knowledge. BCRAN material is good to learn of course, but at work we are headed towards the new ISCW and ONT curriculum. So I am going to talk to prometric today and see if I can cancel my exams.

I will focus more on the BSCI material, and when I finish it I will review BCMSN and BSCI topics before I head to school in January.

I managed to get a complete refund on my exams. I just cancelled through Prometric. I am burnt out already and I am going to take a night off and get to bed early, so I can refocus again.
    Now working full time!
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Ahhh boo! You could've done it. Of course, remembering everything might be a tad difficult post-exam... icon_confused.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It was worth a shot... but you made the tough call. And it is nice to know you can cancel an exam if necessary. Now you can relax a little over the holidays. icon_cool.gif
    ed_the_lad wrote:
    I smell burn out, i really dont think its possible to do the .....

Hey!! Your Back! The voice of Truth and Reason! And your location is empty.... hum. Where could you be now? Sydney would let you sleep in your own bed the night before a lab exam.... and it would also give you the option to jump in on any open date without lots of travel planning. :D
    MrD wrote:
    Of course, remembering everything might be a tad difficult post-exam... icon_confused.gif
    Not if he started studying at least an hour or two a night for the CCIE. icon_wink.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Had to reschedule my BSCI exam to the 28th as I just found out that my exam conflicts with my work schedule icon_sad.gif
    Now working full time!