Options

Planning to take the Security+ ...

johnw02johnw02 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I recently passed my Network+ exam, and I'm now planning to take the Security+. I'm a bit worried about the higher score that's required ...

I am using the uCertify simulation exam as my main study tool. Has anyone used these before? I also used uCertify as my main study tool for the Network+.

I was thinking about purchasing the "audio exam" from TKing. Has anyone used this?

Does anyone know how many questions you can miss and still pass?

Comments

• Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldnt even THINK of getting the "audio exam"...

It's absolute SH*T, not to mention its a braindump which is unacceptable, especially on this site.

The Security+ exam is tough so use a good source like Exam Cram, Techexams.net study guides, and Syngress

Good luck with the exam
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    The questions are not all equally weighted. However, to give you an idea, there are 100 questions and 800 points (900-100). The passing score is right at 85%. So you can miss approximately 15 questions as a rule of thumb. Remember that this is not 100% accurate. Different questions have more weight than others. Study and prepare well and it won't matter too much.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    johnw02johnw02 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input! I'll definately take your advice and study hard with the right materials. I also have a book called "Principles of Computer Security: Security+ and Beyond" that I will be using to prepare for the exam. Do you know where I can find discounted vouchers?
  • Options
    johnnyg5646johnnyg5646 Member Posts: 173
    if you are looking for audio study materials, I used one from Cramsession.com (the people who bring you exam cram) for the Network+. It really helped me. I just memorized the dialog on the cd's. Great for remembering things like port numbers. I'm working on Security+ right now and am using the cd's again in combination with syngress and this site.
    BS - Computer Science
    MS - Computer Information Systems

You'll see this:
    Visitors of TechExams.Net,
    thanks for your interest in this great offer. We teamed up with getcertify4less.com and Pearson VUE to offer you a guaranteed discount on all your exams. Besides the significant discount provided by getcertify4less.com, we are now able to offer an extra $1 discount to our visitors. All you have to do is mention coupon #: 1155.
    Johan Hiemstra
    webmaster@techexams.net
    www.techexams.net
    All things are possible, only believe.