Options

Which to know...

tibultibul Member Posts: 240
Basically i have just read the sybex 3rd edition book and am now reading the syngress book on security+.

My question is in the sybex book it explains the different types of viruses as e.g. Armored virus, stealth virus, retrovirus etc but in the syngress book it describes the different viruses as e.g. parasitic virus, bootstrap sector virus, multi-partite virus.

so out of these 2 books which deffinitions of viruses should i know or should i know the deffinitions from both books.
Studying 70-292.
Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.

Comments

• Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    obviously, you should know both. icon_wink.gif However, for the exam, I am not sure. They aren't that hard might as wll spend a few minutes on all of them. The only trick is to not get them confused with each other.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    Thanks for the replie.

I thought so, i was just wondering if maybe they just gave them different names for the same types of virus.
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Options
    wolfgang73wolfgang73 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The only virus type that I encountered out of your list when taking the exam was the Stealth. But learn them all. Whats a few more bits in your head going to hurt.

Good luck on your exam Iam routing for you.

Regards
    "The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess. But, he's pretty sure you're fu**ed."
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I didn't see many questions that were that granular, going into what type of virus you'd been infected with. The bulk of virus questions relate more to best practices for removal and avoidance, and understanding the definitions of what a virus is, what a worm is, and how you know which one you have. There is also a lot of focus on the delivery and infection methods, and how infections can affect your system, your network, and your users.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.