Options

Google Opened up shop

garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
Google has started hiring at their new location about 45min away from me. Ann Arbor, MI. :D

More jobs here

http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/

Comments

• Options
    mephmtmephmt Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They put fliers up at my University (Western Michigan University) but they stated that they're looking for "non-technical" staff. So I guessed that CIS was out of the picture, but I could be wrong.
    Attending Western Michigan University
    Haworth College of Buisness
    Major: Computer Information Systems (CIS)
    Minor: General Business
    Graduation: December 2007
  • Options
    mephmt wrote:
    They put fliers up at my University (Western Michigan University) but they stated that they're looking for "non-technical" staff. So I guessed that CIS was out of the picture, but I could be wrong.

Cool. I use to party over there at western.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    mephmt wrote:
    Hmmm...I'd take a "non-technical" job to get my foot in the door at Google, but only in sunny SoCal.
  • Options
    famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    garv221 wrote:
    mephmt wrote:

I've had my days of Western Michigan and K-Zoo as well when I was in college. It was a long drive from where I was, but I never regretted the trips...even to this day icon_wink.gif .
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    famosbrown wrote:
    garv221 wrote:
    mephmt wrote:

I've had my days of Western Michigan and K-Zoo as well when I was in college. It was a long drive from where I was, but I never regretted the trips...even to this day icon_wink.gif .

I lived in Kalamazoo for 4 years, way back in the late 70's, 4th-8th grade.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    It's a small world.... Where did you go to school famous and sprkymrk? During the 70's I think Tim Allen was on campus. I watched a couple hundered people start fliping cars one night, then the next morning watched a recap of the events on the news including people hanging from electrical lines. lol
  • Options
    garv221 wrote:
    It's a small world.... Where did you go to school famous and sprkymrk?

I moved back to Chicago before high school, but while in Kalamazoo I went to St Monica. I was in Kalamazoo during the huge snowstorm of '78-'79 when school was cancelled for a full 2 weeks. :D

I was also there in '81 or '82 when the tornado ripped through and tore up the downtown.
  • Options
    Well...during the 70's I wasn't born icon_eek.gif !! I went to Tri-State University in Angola, Indiana from 2000-2005. Not much in that town so we either went to Coldwater, MI (about 10 minutes away)..not much either, or K-Zoo (about 1.5 hours..it varied each time)...a little bit more to do icon_lol.gif .
  • Options
    sprkymrk wrote:
    I moved back to Chicago before high school, but while in Kalamazoo I went to St Monica. I was in Kalamazoo during the huge snowstorm of '78-'79 when school was cancelled for a full 2 weeks. :D

I was also there in '81 or '82 when the tornado ripped through and tore up the downtown.

I have heard of St. Monica, cool. Yeah K-zoo had bad luck there for a few years. People here still talk about the 78-79 snow storm, I wasn't born yet lol I do remember being a kid thinking the city name was timbuktu.
    Well...during the 70's I wasn't born icon_eek.gif !! I went to Tri-State University in Angola, Indiana from 2000-2005. Not much in that town so we either went to Coldwater, MI (about 10 minutes away)..not much either, or K-Zoo (about 1.5 hours..it varied each time)...a little bit more to do icon_lol.gif

Yeah not a whole lot in coldwater! They have a good bass lake if your into fishing. I was in Grand Rapids then Big Rapids 2000-summer 2003. I went to Ferris State. When I lived in GR I uses to make runs to Kalamazoo all the time to party and visit friends. Where are you now?
  • Options
    I'm stillin the state of Indiana unfortuantely :D . I'm in the Indianapolis area right now. Coldwter did have some good fishing spots just like Steuben County...101 Lakes icon_eek.gif . That was the name anyway.
  • Options
    RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    You all are making me miss the midwest... I am from a small town in southern indiana but i moved when i was 13 to atlanta. Dont miss the snow but i do miss the real catfish we used to eat not this farm raised stuff down here
  • Options
    RATTLERMAN wrote:
    You all are making me miss the midwest... I am from a small town in southern indiana but i moved when i was 13 to atlanta. Dont miss the snow but i do miss the real catfish we used to eat not this farm raised stuff down here

I moved down here to SC about 3 years ago. I like the midwest, but the only kind of catfish I like is corn-fed farm raised. Not the muddy Mississippi cat! icon_tongue.gif
  • Options
    RATTLERMAN wrote:

I enjoy catching blue cats but I would trade you for that warm atlanta weather.

@sprkymrk- Did I ever mention I lived on Hilton Head Isl,SC for a year in 2003?
  • Options
    RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    sprkymrk wrote:
    RATTLERMAN wrote:

I moved down here to SC about 3 years ago. I like the midwest, but the only kind of catfish I like is corn-fed farm raised. Not the muddy Mississippi cat! icon_tongue.gif

So true that mississippi cat is real gritty.. its almost like you can taste the mud.. but nothing like them fiddlers we use to get out the ohio river
  • Options
    garv221 wrote:
    @sprkymrk- Did I ever mention I lived on Hilton Head Isl,SC for a year in 2003?

Nope, I don't think so. Looks like we just missed crossing paths.
  • Options
    RATTLERMAN wrote:
    So true that mississippi cat is real gritty.. its almost like you can taste the mud.. but nothing like them fiddlers we use to get out the ohio river

You know it! icon_lol.gif