Options

The WAN protocols on the CCNA

optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
Hi everyone,

Are these the only WAN protocols that I should really be worried about for the CCNA:

HDLC
PPP
Frame Realy
ISDN

It seems to me like ISDN is more challenging to master then the others, espeically with DDR, but maybe its just me.

- Optimus

Comments

• Options
    pr3d4t0rpr3d4t0r Member Posts: 173
    Yes u are correct :)
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Are these the only WAN protocols that I should really be worried about for the CCNA
    No, you shouldn't be 'worried' about any of them. WAN protocols are an essential part of the CCNA exam you need to master, so worrying about it won't help. They are a good example of topics you should practice. If you do that, they aren't necessarily more difficult than the other CCNA topics.
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Webmaster wrote:
    Are these the only WAN protocols that I should really be worried about for the CCNA
    No, you shouldn't be 'worried' about any of them. WAN protocols are an essential part of the CCNA exam you need to master, so worrying about it won't help. They are a good example of topics you should practice. If you do that, they aren't necessarily more difficult than the other CCNA topics.

I second that icon_cool.gif
    It is better to be "over-prepared" than going into the exam worrying.
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    bmaurobmauro Member Posts: 307
    These technologies are the "foundation" that you will build upon. You will see them again and again - so its worth it to learn as much as you can at this point and time.

While ISDN is also covered on the test (know your reference pts and basic configs) this technology is slowly dying out. Cisco has removed ISDN from the new CCNP exams.
  • Options
    mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    optimus wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Are these the only WAN protocols that I should really be worried about for the CCNA:

HDLC
    PPP
    Frame Realy
    ISDN

It seems to me like ISDN is more challenging to master then the others, espeically with DDR, but maybe its just me.

- Optimus

I totallly agree, my exam is on Friday...ISDN is **** me off
    Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    If you have issues with ISDN you should rent some rack time from someone who as an adtran (550). If you can actually practice the configs everything will snap into place.
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Wow, thanks for the resonses, but wow lighten up, LOL. I am not really worrying in a sense that I am losing any sleep over this, but only worried that I might miss something I was supposed to study. I better make sure to phrase my questions more properly next time. Phew! icon_eek.gif

BTW: I read the ISDN notes here, and besides for a small typo, it is really great. I thought the explanation of the interfaces was excellent, as well as the diagrams.

Take care,

Optimus
  • Options
    pr3d4t0rpr3d4t0r Member Posts: 173
    mp3spy wrote:
    optimus wrote:
    Hi everyone,

HDLC
    PPP
    Frame Realy
    ISDN

- Optimus

I totallly agree, my exam is on Friday...ISDN is **** me off

My exam is on friday on too icon_lol.gif

Good Luck :D
  • Options
    erikd65erikd65 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    optimus wrote:
    Hi everyone,

HDLC
    PPP
    Frame Realy
    ISDN

- Optimus

I took my test Monday (passed - 910) and I think I had one ISDN question, and it was pretty easy, some PPP authentication stuff, and some Frame stuff. No HDLC.
  • Options
    kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow my ICND is also on friday....
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.