642-551

wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
passed this today, easiest Cisco exam yet, I used CBT nuggets and the Doccd as my sources.

Some very very basic questions, so I know now why 551 is being replaced with 552, my advice is if your studying CCSP get this one done before 31st Decmeber,

Only annoying this was a sim which didnt say which version it was running and the show version command wasnt supported, I dont want to violate NDA so I will leave it there.
Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.

Comments

• MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    It was probably 6.3, right? I think 552 is moving to version 7. Grats, btw.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif

i'll be making a run at it .. shortly
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats, and thanks for the heads up on study materials. I'm sitting the CSVPN this friday and am debating whether to rush to sit the 551 or take it easier and end up doing the 552 in the new year....I think the rush might well be on after reading this.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Maybe I'll take it next Thursday or Friday.... if I need an easy horse to climb back on after the Security Lab. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    havnet you got CCSP already you mad man!! :) although it would renew your nice set of Cisco marbels marked with a "P"

Ahriakin I wouldnt advice you to rush anything etc, but if you have already done other exams in the CCSP series, then a quick brush over the exam objectives and you would have no problem with this exam, it looks like the replacement 552 is a lot harder with a lot more objectives in it.

Mr D, yes your on the right lines, but my point was in the absence of the show version command, there was no way to tell until it wouldnt take the commands for one version but did for the other, also the ? didnt work!!
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
    I started studying the 551 last summer but switched after a week to the SNRS (it suited a job interview more), the PIX/ASA is done and fingers-crossed the CSVPN will be nailed tomorrow. Sooooo that leaves IPS and this one. Thunderbirds are GO (Side note: is there actually a time that doesn't sound ubergeekish?....didn't think so....oh well....)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    im sitting SND on monday... its almost 12/31 ! ! lol
    Switches are bridges on steroids!
    How'd you do Alex?

Anyone else trying to do this before retirement remember your test center may close earlier than the 31st for the holidays, so it might be closer than you think.....
  • thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
    i got a 953.. WOOO
    Switches are bridges on steroids!