Options

Sec+ after CISSP?

seccieseccie Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
does it make sense to make Sec+ if I already have CISSP? I've read that Sec+ is one of 8 exams if I'd like to become MCSE:Sec. I've checked the test questions and exam objectives on the CompTIA homepage, and it seems to me that I could actually pass the exam without learning. Does it make sense in my case?

Comments

• Options
    tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    Well the security+ is an elective for the MCSA/MCSE in security, you can either go for that or another elective, personally im going for the security+ then one more elective to obtain my MCSA in security.

Well security+ provides the basics of many different areas in the security field, i'd say it would be worth it even with your CISSP it acts as an elective plus it always good to have more certs :)
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Unfortunately for you, the CISSP is not an elective for the MCSE-security. Security+ is. It will be like quail hunting with a Stinger missile but I would go a head and take it. I doubt you will have any trouble at all. If anything you might over analyze the Security+ questions and get a couple of them wrong. The alternative is to take another microsoft cert as the elective. Depending on what you want to do, this isn't a terrible option either.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP