Options

outlook 2003 open in a new window

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
hi everyone

I have a user who wants to have both the calendar (for the company pres) and her inbox open at the same time. so she can move between the 2

so right clicking on the calendar and clciking open in a new window will allow hereot move between her inbox and the calendar he same way she did in oultook 2000.

but I'm wondeing if there is a command line switch or an option to have the calendar always open in a new window....eliminating the need for her to right click

so far I've not found it but tohugh maybe someone on here might have.

Comments

• Options
    muriloninjamuriloninja Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am unaware of any command line sequence that would automatically open his calendar when Outlook starts.

Tell her to stop being lazy and right click and open in new window. :D
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I have the same problem with Excel 2003. I used to be able to have one worksheet open on one screen and another on a second screen. Now I can open two sheets but only in the same window. I don't get to see everything I want to that way. Let me know if you find an answer. I will be checking this thread for it too.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found this:

icon_arrow.gifhttp://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm
    /select foldername

Starts Outlook and opens the specified folder in a new window.

Usage:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /select outlook:calendar

But all it did for me was open Outlook with the focus on calendar instead of the inbox. You could play with it and see if you can get it to work.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    sprkymrk wrote:
    I found this:

icon_arrow.gifhttp://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm
    /select foldername

Starts Outlook and opens the specified folder in a new window.

Usage:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /select outlook:calendar

But all it did for me was open Outlook with the focus on calendar instead of the inbox. You could play with it and see if you can get it to work.

I found the same thing but so mar no option that specifies any time she clciks on the calendar it will open a new window

she likes tihs solution for now and I have bigger fish to fry this afternoon