Options

What's the difference between N11, N10 & N10-003?

inspirationinspiration Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi. I notice that on my appointment summary for my Network+ exam, the program name is CompTIA Network + (N11, N10). What's the difference between this, and N10-003? I've been studying for N10-003. Are the objectives the same?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are all kinds of prefixes and oddball numbers assigned by both the vendor and by the testing centers. Usually, these numbers are for internal reference or in reference to some other factor. For example, I've only ever seen the first LPIC-1 exam listed as "LPI 101". When I've looked at prometric's site, they list it as 117-101. Still the same test, just a prefix I wasn't aware of.

If you've signed up for the current Network+ exam, that's what you're going to get. No other version of CompTIA's Network+ exam is currently being offered.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Thanks for that. I notice that I have 2 hours to sit the exam. I thought it was a 90min exam?
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    N10-003 is the code for the exam, the other Nxx is probably referring to the training materials?

just make sure you dont have anything for 002, you'll be fine.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    Thank you. I've just received an email from CompTIA, stating that the Network+ exam is not coded N11, N10. I wonder what exam I've been scheduled to sit! I have emailed Prometric and hope to hear from them before I head off to sit my exam on Monday morning.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Thank you. I've just received an email from CompTIA, stating that the Network+ exam is not coded N11, N10. I wonder what exam I've been scheduled to sit! I have emailed Prometric and hope to hear from them before I head off to sit my exam on Monday morning.

They're correct about that. The Network+ exam is coded N10-003. I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as you can confirm from the testing center that you're taking the CompTIA Network+ exam, you'll be fine. If that's what it says on your confirmation email or your confirmation paperwork, that's the test you'll be taking.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Righto then... thanks again for your reassurances. I'd better get on with some more study now.