Options

I want to prep for 70-215 certification

CISCO2CISCO2 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I am finished college with my one year diploma in Networking. I have taken all the courses towards the MCSE certification. Now i want to start the MCSE certification process as i work full time now. I havent found an IT job as some of you may no from my other threads on the forum. I decided to go back to the Airlines and network my way into IT from their. So i want to get started and slowly spend the next whole year getting all that is needed for MCSE. I have now decided to prep for the 70-215 exam. I was wondering what resources or practise test books i can obtain to pass this test. Has anybody purchased the practise tests from MEASURE UP? i am thinking of getting their practise test bundle for 67 bucks.

Comments

• Options
    GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Have you already taken 70-210 (Win2K Pro)? Most people usually start with that. It's a little more simple then server, so it makes for a natural progression to go 70-210 and then 215.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • Options
    kicker22kicker22 Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would rather go for server.
    I got about 7 people to join me to start doing windows 2000 server.

It is harder than pro. But after you pass server, pro will be piece of cake.

so basically, you are studying for 2 exams in one book. you can think about it that way

kicker
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Same base OS, but different focuses for the exam. I would recommend doing Pro first, but the decision is yours.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    I'd agree with ajs1976, I did Pro first, then server and found it a breeze.

Then if you want 218 after that, all are great building blocks for the next one...

Good luck anyway.
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
    I personally found 215 much easier after I took 210. Its bascially a recap of 210 with the added features thrown in.
  • Options
    bonam004bonam004 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Personally I would go for the 210 first- there r some diff. objectives!! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    jaydeebejaydeebe Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed server today. It is the first exam i've taken. i read the M$ book and did the practicle bits then used practice exams. The test i did today had none of the practice questions that i had found on the web. There were some similar questions though.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats!
    jaydeebe wrote:
    The test i did today had none of the practice questions that i had found on the web. There were some similar questions though.
    Exactly how it should be :D
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! what are you going for next?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    jaydeebejaydeebe Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks very much, not sure what to do next, probably ADS 70-217 because the parent company of the firm i work for are currently trying to create a centralized AD for the whole group and I think i'll have a better understanding if I follow that project and study simultaneously.