Options

FAILED CCNA TODAY

mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
Score 707
Planning and Design : 88%
Implementation and Operations : 60%
Troubleshooting: 50%
Technology : 50%

The exam was pretty much as I expected...

There were 3 sims.... I did complete the entire test within the time limit....There was one sim which was weird tho...

I dunno I'll have to think about it some more.. The other sims I know I nailed because I was able to ping all devices at the end of configuring them and i saved the config Hmmmmmm I wonder.

Need to study OSPF a little more and maybe WAN stuff.. My goal is to pass before the years out...gettin close

Suggestions much appreciated...I still think I did ok being I am doing self study and this is the first try..but hey no excuses right!?!?!

icon_cry.gif
Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    mp3spy wrote:
    The exam was pretty much as I expected...
    Ah.... so we write this one off as a successful recon. icon_lol.gif

It might have be less stressful to just use the exam blueprint to find out the topics on the exam. icon_lol.gif

Use your score report and the blueprint to focus in on the areas you need to study some more. If you don't let this exam bother you and study (and get some more hands-on work) you could still have a CCNA for Christmas, or at least before the end of this year. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    erikd65erikd65 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Stay focused and don't give up. You will get there :)
  • Options
    Rescheduling for 12/23/06.

I want this before 2006 is out.... icon_mad.gif

MAJOR REVIEW POINTS

-OSPF
    -EIGRP Successor Routes/Feasible Successor Routes
    -STP
    -DLCI (FRAME RELAY COMMANDS)
  • Options
    pr3d4t0rpr3d4t0r Member Posts: 173
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    mp3spy wrote:
    Rescheduling for 12/23/06.

I want this before 2006 is out.... icon_mad.gif

MAJOR REVIEW POINTS

-OSPF
    -EIGRP Successor Routes/Feasible Successor Routes
    -STP
    -DLCI (FRAME RELAY COMMANDS)

AND troubleshooting! (and from what I have been reading from recent passes/fails... a lot of STP)

Best of luck for the very nice Christmas prezzie. (get that and you won't mind getting socks and a tie from the family)

(Hoping to be ready to schedule mine in early 2007)
    Kam.
  • Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
    Good luck mp3spy icon_wink.gif
    Life is a journey...
  • Options
    phil21080phil21080 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the exam today and got a 707 as well..
    Score 707
    Planning and Design : 50%
    Implementation and Operations : 66%
    Troubleshooting: 66%
    Technology : 42%

Yeah......those percentages suck...I know....

I ran out of time and didn't complete all of the questions.....

Crappy thing is.....I had taken it before about 9 months ago and got an 800 lol.

I had started studying back at the beginning of the year while I was fresh out of school and sending resumes out like crazy. I actually got a bite, and next thing I know, I'm the network administrator for a company's branch location (no experience and only A+ and Network+ certs.) Unfortunately they do not have cisco routers, and only web managed switches, so I wasn't able to get any experience I could use towards the CCNA.

This time, the test seemed a lot tougher.....of course I only gave myself a little over a week to study this time lol. Anyway, the exam simulators I was using in addition to studying didn't seem like they were very accurate compared to the real exam. Can anyone offer any suggestions to an exam simulator (with labs) that is the most accurate representation of the actual exam? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
  • Options
    phil21080 wrote:
    I took the exam today and got a 707 as well..
    Score 707
    Planning and Design : 50%
    Implementation and Operations : 66%
    Troubleshooting: 66%
    Technology : 42%

Yeah......those percentages suck...I know....

I ran out of time and didn't complete all of the questions.....

Crappy thing is.....I had taken it before about 9 months ago and got an 800 lol.

I had started studying back at the beginning of the year while I was fresh out of school and sending resumes out like crazy. I actually got a bite, and next thing I know, I'm the network administrator for a company's branch location (no experience and only A+ and Network+ certs.) Unfortunately they do not have cisco routers, and only web managed switches, so I wasn't able to get any experience I could use towards the CCNA.

This time, the test seemed a lot tougher.....of course I only gave myself a little over a week to study this time lol. Anyway, the exam simulators I was using in addition to studying didn't seem like they were very accurate compared to the real exam. Can anyone offer any suggestions to an exam simulator (with labs) that is the most accurate representation of the actual exam? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

What part of Va are you in?? I'm in Northern Virginia...Did you take it at the Prometric Herndon Site??
  • Options
    Exam Rescheduled for Tuesday 12/27 at College Park....Study Study Study icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    MeaCulpaMeaCulpa Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I wish you luck man, I'm actually about to take my test next month finally and I'm having trouble remembering the same things.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What about OSPF tripped you up?
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/