Using CBT's? Work for you, or the books did.

MCSAorBUSTMCSAorBUST Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey who else used CBT, or are still using it... It is pretty good for me... Im interning in the IT dept of a company here in Houston. I want to take the 70-270 in early January. Ive been studying since a week before thnxgiving. How in the HECK do I know if im ready? Ive been playing with XP in a corporate environment since April. I have also installed it and other etc's maybe hundreds of times since then. But some of these questions are, whew. icon_eek.gif I took a win2k MCSE course 3-4 years ago, but never took the test. So, Im gonna watch each cbt 3 times each, do a some practice tests, and atleast 2-3 hands on for everything, plus read a book and study guide, along with handling the regular heat tickets for the OS at work for the next 3 weeks. Hope that is enough. Any vets or newbies (like me) got any advice? MCSAorBUST baby icon_study.gif

Aint nothing 2 it but to do it, i think...
WIP: Bachelors in IST, MCSA Win2k3

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

MCSAorBust/MCSA.O.B!

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think that you will find what most people do to prepare for an exam to be very similar. Most of us love CBT Nuggets. I use CBT Nuggets at the start of the preparation process to get my feet wet in the material. It'll give me some basis to better understand the material in the book I will be reading. I tend to use 1 book but do lots of online research regarding material. The Technet site Microsoft provides (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx) has a plethora of useful and technical information available to anybody free of charge. While you're reading, make sure you take notes. This will help you both learn the material better. Refer back to those notes every few days and re-read them over. This will help you retain the information you read in the past. I also like to add sticky notes to pages that have information I want to review. When you feel like you are ready, you can use a product such as Transcender to test your knowledge on the material. Keep in mind though, only do practice exams when you feel like you are 100% ready. After you have done a practice exam, those questions are resident in your memory and will not be a true judge of your readiness the second time around. Good luck!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • MCSAorBUSTMCSAorBUST Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey thanks... I really was trying to hold out on the practice questions, but I'll definitely take your advice. I wouldn't want to just memorize questions. Thanks again, I needed that roadmap.
    WIP: Bachelors in IST, MCSA Win2k3

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

MCSAorBust/MCSA.O.B!