Options

Need help

djprotegedjprotege Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have failed the the CCNA twice. I took the cisco academy and did great. I am just having problems on the exam, any suggestions on practice test sites or anything that can prepare me more? I feel like i keep studying the same things over and over and not getting any results. IF anyone can help i would appreciate it i am getting depressed icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    WaynooWaynoo Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    djprotege wrote:
    I have failed the the CCNA twice. I took the cisco academy and did great. I am just having problems on the exam, any suggestions on practice test sites or anything that can prepare me more? I feel like i keep studying the same things over and over and not getting any results. IF anyone can help i would appreciate it i am getting depressed icon_sad.gif

How about hands on with real routers.....Rack time. You need to really undertand your technology when it comes to passing Cisco certification exams.
    Quality and excellence is never an accident, its on purpose!
  • Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    djprotege wrote:
    Keep confident, if you're not killed you're stronger !
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NEVER GIVE UP BRO...

the problem these day is about hands on experience - so you need to play with the box.
    and - know inside out the technology will help you a lot to pass the exam.

take a break - and try to figure out what point you have missed.

cheers..
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
    When you took the exam, which section did you find the most difficult?
    Life is a journey...
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Buy a few cheap routers and a switch or 2 and buy every lab manual you can...go through all of em'...that's what I did for the CCNA anyway.

Also, as far as non-lab training, Sybex, CiscoPress, CBT, and Trainsignal are all good resources.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    MrD wrote:
    Buy a few cheap routers and a switch or 2 and buy every lab manual you can...go through all of em'...that's what I did for the CCNA anyway.

Also, as far as non-lab training, Sybex, CiscoPress, CBT, and Trainsignal are all good resources.

Lab Manuals ? Lab Manuals ? wha ?

I went hunting and I found two free 300+ page PDF files on lulu.com. Never heard of these before. Cheers MrD

They look really good and I see a bit of Ethereal configuring in there too. They're gonna keep me busy.

Appreciated
    Kam.
  • Options
    my problem isnt with the sim exams, we did all hands on in class and i totattly nailed that part, but i just have big problems with tests i always second guess myself. Any online practice tests that are worth buying? I have bith cisco press books. I appreciate all your help btw!
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    If it's a confidence problem where your doubting yourself as to the correct answer then maybe some tes tking for extra practice questions.

Yes! They are frowned upon but only because there are some people who only memorise the questions and don't learn the content so they become useless in the job and give those that really put in the hard work, a bad name. What you need to do is imerse yourself in lots of lots of questions not so you might find the same questions on the exam but just so you can get used to being right or wrong. When you are wrong it will explain why it was the wrong answer and nine times out of ten you'll kick yourself.

Another good site is subnettingquestions.com which just fires subnet questions at you over and over until you really have it drillled. I spent a couple of weeks on this and then went back on a couple weeks later after not doing any subnetting at all and found that the previous drilling had still stuck and I could still answer as fast as before.

From my test questions, my biggest problem seems to be actually reading the question and getting the true meaning of what is being asked which is something I am really going to have to work on before sitting for my test.
    Kam.
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally I feel that the Cisco Acadamey really sugar coats everything they teach you.
    If your really into just getting the certification, then I'd suggest you get the CCNA Self-Study
    books by Wendell Odom. You can find them on ebay pretty cheep. Their's two books, Intro & ICND.

Also Sybex books are good at explaining ceoncepts in a
    "3rd grade perspective" lol...
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I can't remember who said it on these forums, but someone mentioned setting up simulation labs and getting a mate or a work chum to break it, and then fixing it and timing yourself, that worked for me, don't give up man.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    i really appreciate all the help guys! I am not even in the networking field yet so that dosn't help either. I will take take all the advice you guys have given me and hopefully i can get some confidence back. But you guys can keep feeding me some more advice! :D