Options

Practice Exams

SgtMufflesSgtMuffles Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm studying for the Network+ exam and have tried a couple of practice exam programs. The official minimum passing score is a 554, but on the two different tests I've tried it only counts you passing if you get above approximately 750. Why is that? Did CompTIA lower the bar recently? Are they trying to scare me into studying more? I took a couple practice tests and could get in the upper 700's, do you think this means I'm almost ready? Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks.

BTW, this is a great site and I plan on using it for all the other certs (I start a CCNA class tomorrow, but hope to get M$ certs as well)

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Welcome on board!

Yes, they did lower the score, but it's normal for practice exams to require a higher score to pass than the actual exam. And 750 is still too low. You should continue to practice until you score in the 90's up to perfect, read the explanations, the references if any, and use it also as a study tool rather than trying to measure how you would do on the actual exam. If you score 90%+ on a good set of practice questions (preplogic, transcender, etc) you'll likely do well on the real exam as well. And Microsoft and especially Cisco exams require a much higher passing score so you might as well get used to it.
  • Options
    secuitysecuity Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I JUST SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED THE NETWORK+ EXAM AND THE SCORE IS STILL 554. SO YOU SHOULD BE OK.