Options

looking to disable modem in user's profile

Homer SimpsonHomer Simpson Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Running 2k pro with a 2k server. I want to prevent my son (8 yrs old) from accessing the internet. I've looked at a hardware profile, but decided against that. Is there a permission somewhere that I have overlooked that somebody else might have knowledge of? His profile does not have the modem installed yet but the icon is there and eventually I'm sure he will get around to it. I could remove the icon and menu references, but this will only mask for so long.

Any tips would be great. Thanks.
Homer

Comments

• Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    Can you not set his user account to "restricted" within the local users snap-in ?
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    Homer SimpsonHomer Simpson Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sometimes the obvious isn't so obvious. Thanks for the tip. I guess I was focusing in the wrong direction.

Homer
  • Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    No problem. I found that when I started my career in IT about yrs ago, I would look at the problem and try to solve it too technically. Sometimes the problem is very very basic to resolve.

Unless of course, if its a M$ scenario in an exam in which you can forget all about any practical theory you have ever learned. After all, how many times has "last known good" ever worked...Yet how many exam questions have you come across relating to that....

Rant over, back to studying for the beast.
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.