Options

Windows 2003 permissions

steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
Hi guys,

I have a 2003 development server and on of the pharmacists needs to be able to delete files and folders off of this server. She has permissions to write
but not to delete and no matter what I do the server is still being obstinate, if I can put it that way.

Has anybody ever experienced this, or can you maybe shed some light on it?

It's pretty urgent.

Thanks,
Steve
I am the lizard King. I can do anything.

Comments

• Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Can you check her effective permissions and go from there?
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    I believe she needs to have the Modify permission to delete files on NTFS partitions. Also, keep in mind that if she is accessing the files remotely and the share permissions are more restrictive than the NTFS permissions, the Share permissions control her access.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I believe she needs to have the Modify permission to delete files on NTFS partitions. Also, keep in mind that if she is accessing the files remotely and the share permissions are more restrictive than the NTFS permissions, the Share permissions control her access.

Very correct. Make sure her ntfs permission is set to modify and that her share permission is set to Change. You'll probably want to set share permission to Everyone - Full Control for the share permission. You will then use ntfs permissions to lock down access. Make sure you understand how file security works before doing any kind of full control.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Cheers Guys, Finally got it sorted. icon_wink.gif

Seems like the worst problems are always the simplest things. icon_lol.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.