Options

291 @ 12/16/06 - passed!

just booked my fourth attempt at this exam for tomorrow. Hopefully it'll go well....
Jack of all trades, master of none

Comments

• Options
    daveogolfdaveogolf Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck.
    I just got back from my exam. I failed mine with a 678.

I did horrible on Implement, Manage, and Maintain Network Security, but did really well on everything else.

A lot more WSUS question on the test than I thought there was going to be.

I just looked up 2 of the questions which i was between 2 answers on the exam. On both instances i changed the correct answer to incorrect.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    LERXSTLERXST Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm curious how the WSUS questions are. Are they common knowledge questions where if you have worked with WSUS at all you could figure them out or are they the MS version of "we know what the real world answer is but that's not the MS answer".
  • Options
    LERXST wrote:
    I'm curious how the WSUS questions are. Are they common knowledge questions where if you have worked with WSUS at all you could figure them out or are they the MS version of "we know what the real world answer is but that's not the MS answer".

They seemed mostly like common knowledge except for 1 or 2 which I was a little iffy on.
    I have a WSUS server in my place and 2 of the question out of say 8 or more weren't things I had used before.
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    You guys are scaring me! I'm still not brave enough for a first attempt... icon_redface.gif

I'm beyond scared, when you're $400 in the hole from exam fees alone, and you have had 3 stupid blank screens telling you that you didnt pass, you become numb. I'm ready for anything tomorrow.

WSUS from my experience is doable if you read about it, I was able to read the WSUS chapters from my local bookstore.

My weekest areas has been by far DNS, and AD....
  • Options
    This exam is very tough. Just curious, what are you using to study for this exam?
  • Options
    I used the Microsoft Book and Sybex.
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    You guys are scaring me! I'm still not brave enough for a first attempt... icon_redface.gif

Ya... im in the same boat sadly. Although I do plan on taking it within the next 2 months... I kind of went right over to 294. Ha... but I must have it for both MCSA and MCSE so it will get done either way.
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    well how was 294.............
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    vcon790vcon790 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you don't pass we are marching you off to the gulag!
  • Options
    arrived 30 minutes early, and sat at a donut shop for 15min for a coffee and donut before I went for my exam.

The usual agreements and NDA, and tradements blah blah blah...and then the real deal....2 sims in the first 5 questions........ icon_mad.gif ....not too bad...and then it was probably 15 straight questions with long long explanations, and similar complicated answers.....couple more sims...LOTS of WSUS...

and then.....reviews and comments icon_rolleyes.gif I PASSED!!! with 740

oh my goodness....this experience was amazing... icon_lol.gif
    270 for MCSA, I've never wanted those 4 letters more...and 291? damn that arrangement of 2, 9, 1, to the "gulag", I'm never buying any property with that number!!!
  • Options
    CONGRATZ dude..............

you did it and you will never have to worry about that exam again........
  • Options
    LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS SIR!!!!!!!!!! :)

Make sure you give yourself a break over xmas and PARTAH!!!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm happy for you BHS. Now go relax for a while. icon_thumright.gif:)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    PhilippatosPhilippatos Inactive Imported Users Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    Congratz

You guys are really scaring me on the 291
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats BHS! I've been reading all your posts over the past few months about this test and I'm very glad to hear that it's behind you now. Good job!
  • Options
    I just retook the exam I failed on Friday and passed with an 800.

Studied all weekend on the areas I was weak in. Expecially the Network security portion.
    Exam was very similar to the exam I took on Friday.
  • Options
    I just retook the exam I failed on Friday and passed with an 800.

Studied all weekend on the areas I was weak in. Expecially the Network security portion.
    Exam was very similar to the exam I took on Friday.

icon_thumright.gif Nice job! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    CONGRATZ dude.........
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Very nice, I'm glad to see you stuck with it. I hope this'll be incentive to take some time for lots and lots of relaxation (read "drinking"), before you continue on the path. It's a nice feeling, having this monster out of the way, especially when you just have the 70-270 left. Good luck, buddy, and happy holidays.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    I had to retake it today.
    The testing center I always go to was open today, and then was closed/ not giving exams until Jan 2. No way I wanted to dwell on 291 for another 2 weeks.
    Time to take a day or two off and then start 293 after once my book arrives.
  • Options
    thanks everyone for your congrats....

I just want to remind those of you that are studying for this, or thinking about taking it, that this test isnt easy. I would say this was definitely by far the hardest test I have ever taken.

From experience, I would say either 290 or 270 should be taken first, before 291. That was my mistake.

I'm going to book my 270 for sometime this week so that I could get MCSA before christmas, and then I'll be off from work as well to really enjoy the break. I'll be focusing on CCNA in the new year icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    gomonngomonn Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats !!! I am really happy for you .... Been very long time, just came in for a quick visit and the NEWS !!! Have a very happy Xmas !
    Working on MCSA and CCNA