Options

and another "am i ready?"

rock360rock360 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
k, im in a pc/networking class, were doing independent studies right now, only had 4 weeks befofe christmas break so some people are trying to finish up their A+ still. So i've been going through this Testout network plus software, and i took this class like two years ago and did cisco (didnt pass though, they updated the test like 3 weeks before we took it, got like a 579 or something) so this stuff has came easily to me but, this software is for the 2002 test. It looks like it has pretty much the same material though.

So should i take it or should i not, that is the question. I just need to get into memory a few things like fddi, port numbers, sonet (?) etc, i went through it pretty quickly and understand everything pretty well, just need to get into memory a couple things.

Some people are going monday to tulsa for their A+, so do you guys think i should take it? bcs if i dont, i'll have to go on my own, and also study on my own since we get out of school thursday.

so really my question is, is has this test changed much? i took the pretest and the only thing that was unfamiliar were some of the wireless security method/encryption whatever things.

Comments

• Options
    i got a 78 on this site's practice test. There are some things i was unfamiliar with like RDP and WEP and WAP and stuff in those categories.
  • Options
    james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I certainly wouldn't take this exam if I wasn't at least 99% sure of passing. At over $200 a shot, that would be an incredible waste of money.

Have you taken the practice test for Net+ on this site yet? I remember scoring about 80% on it, and got pretty much the same score on the actual exam. Hence the test on this site is a good indication of the level you will need to understand on the exam.

http://www.techexams.net/coexam/start.php?exam=netplus1

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    james_ wrote:
    I certainly wouldn't take this exam if I wasn't at least 99% sure of passing. At over $200 a shot, that would be an incredible waste of money.

Have you taken the practice test for Net+ on this site yet? I remember scoring about 80% on it, and got pretty much the same score on the actual exam. Hence the test on this site is a good indication of the level you will need to understand on the exam.

posted above, i got a 78 on it, and still have the weekend to memorize a few things better.
  • Options
    james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, for some reason I thought the first two posts were from different members, its been a long week! I think you'll do just fine, the pass rate is relatively low on Net+, and you have a long time to do the exam, I was done in about 25 minutes. So take your time on the questions. Good Luck!
  • Options
    babyxxxbabyxxx Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would advice u to take ur time to study and make sure u have covered the materials, no point of u rushing for the exam.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You should be getting around 85-90% on practice tests. Go over the objectives, and see if there's anythign you may not understand fully, such as security / encryption. The test on this site won't really resemble the actual exam you'll encounter, but it is a good setup. I think if you add the Technoyes from this site to your studies, you'll probably pick up more than using Testout.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    tony0101tony0101 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would study hard for about 2 more weeks, then take another practice exam. If you do well with that, then take the test. Study your osi chart alot, along with your ports and other basic knowledge.
    Say Hello To MY little friend!!!
    TONY Cleaveland
  • Options
    i passed with a 603 icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif i was very nervous after about 40 questions, wasnt sure if i was going to pass or not, got a lot of troubleshooting q's it seemed like, which i wasnt really ready for but i passed and thats what matters. This other guy took it and he got like a 580 something.
  • Options
    mobymoby Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I read Network+ All in One Mike Meyers, and did some tests on this site and a few others and passed easily. Must say at over $200 an exam I was a bit nervous. 70-290, and I can hardly wait.