Hello all...and I passed!...and thank you!!!

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey Everyone,

I'm not too sure if there was a introduction section so Ill try to do a brief overview here: My name is Adam, and I am an IT director (for lack of better job title) for a large multi-office landscape company for about 2.5 years now. I pretty much deal with most if not all IT issues; but my strong point at the moment is networking, XP Pro desktop support, and basic AD stuff. Upper level domain issues, detailed exchange work are outsourced to another company. The good news is that its outsourced to my cousins company. Him and his business parter have been my mentors for a while now.

I just took the 70-270 today and passed with an 889. I studied for about 4 months straight in between work and school (although my class details somewhat coincided with the exam). I used transcender and prep logic software. I used many different publishings including Microsoft press, syngress, and sybex; not to mention your lovely tech notes! icon_lol.gif . I was extremely nervous, as it was my first cert exam. I'm just glad I passed.

I fell upon this site about 2 weeks ago. The tech notes provided here were absolutely helpful!!! It breaks down the basics/intermediates of each test subject. If I didn't see these tech notes, I'm not sure what my outcome would have been. I cannot express my gratitude enough for providing the free information on many different cert exams here. I told myself if I passed I would have to register here and thank everybody for their help.

I normally don't write this much, so I apologize. I just needed to give credit where its due. Thanks again for all your help. I plan to stick around here as everyone seems helpful and courteous. My next major career step is the MCSA, then MCSE with other certs along the way.
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Nice job!!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. icon_thumright.gif
    Nice to have you on board. I hope you'll stick around to help out and find that in helping others, you learn a lot.
    At least that has been my experience so far. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Congrats. icon_thumright.gif
    Nice to have you on board. I hope you'll stick around to help out and find that in helping others, you learn a lot.
    At least that has been my experience so far. :)

thanks for all the kind words! just from browsing this site for a few days, I already have attained so much! This is a real good place for info/advice from people of all different levels.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• titantektitantek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz. Hopefully I'll join the ranks with you as a MCP pretty soon here.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    titantek wrote:
    Congratz. Hopefully I'll join the ranks with you as a MCP pretty soon here.

judging by your certs and your post, you did and congrats!

• titantektitantek Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks snadam. I passed on the 4th of this month. Only with a 747, but I'm working harder at improving my score for the next test. Hopefully I'll pass the 290 next month.
  • 5no-yt5no-yt Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well done mate icon_wink.gif
    Security is like exercise: everyone talks about it, but not many people do it.
    -J.R.Purser