Jobs in Central Florida

yamahafireflyyamahafirefly Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any experience with entry-level types jobs in florida? My boyfriend and I are thinking about moving to central florida (near the space coast) in a year or so. His company can transfer him down there. I looked on monster.com and dice and anything promising enough is near orlando or cape canaveral.

Comments

• snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Does anyone have any experience with entry-level types jobs in florida? My boyfriend and I are thinking about moving to central florida (near the space coast) in a year or so. His company can transfer him down there. I looked on monster.com and dice and anything promising enough is near orlando or cape canaveral.

try www.dice.com also
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    Lots of IT jobs here in orlando, just not many that are willing to pay you more than 35k a year regardless of what you do. I've seen IT Directors down here making under 40k. Personally, I telecommute to a company in the great north :)
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • liteheddedlitehedded Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tech support with convergys in lake mary is where I started
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've heard horror stories about Convergys. Every person I know that worked there said it was the worst experience they had ever had. Mostly with harsh, strick policies and bad managers looming over them every minute of the day. Maybe it was just the one in Lake mary...who knows. I wouldn't take my chances.

I applied at Siemen's corporation several years back, since it was across from UCF. That place was huge.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    ja,

We need to talk...

Let me know if you need help...

Maybe I can pimp you out to a recruiter or two...

Some pay finder's fees...

Dude, my helpdesk guys start at least $14.00 per hour and up if I am not mistaken...

We are centrally located...

PM me. I'm pretty sure if you can match your credentials in skills, we can beat those numbers.

oh me, personally? I am doing fine...I work for a company in the north and just telecommute. I get paid north $$ :)
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • misman1982misman1982 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anybody hear anything about Tampa? I want to stay away from the tourists.