Fan error 0135

albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
Hi all,

I have just recieved and am working on a refurbsihed system for work. When i booted it up for the first time the CPU fan was making a shocking sounds so i opened up the system to inspect. When i did so i found the most disgusting amount of built up dust and grime all over the CPU fan and heat sink. So i took it apart and gave it a good cleaning and then put it all back in. Next time i booted up it was as quiet as a mouse, but now for some reason durng the POST an error appears.

FAN ERROR 0135

If i hit F2 it continues to load just fine. The fan is working beautiflly now and is definately getting power to it as i still have the case of an am monitoring it.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? I have also tried another fan and am getting the same error so its not a dogey sensor wire.

Could this have anything to do with the power supply fan? As far as i know power supplys are not monitored for errors duting the post.

It seems to be working fine, but i just want to clear this error so the use doesnt freak out and have to press F2 everytime.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    If you go into Bios, there's probably a tab or section for the error log, and the option to clear the error(s)....what kind of board? If it's an IBM, it could be also be the sensor on the board, or the board itself. I've seen that happen on some older Netvistas that never got cleaned......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • albangaalbanga Member Posts: 164
    Hey Ricka,

You are absolutely spot on. It is an old NetVista and by the looks of things has never been cleaned. Great call on that!!

Any ideas about how to stop the error from appearing? I have had a look in the BIOS and there doesnt seem to be an option to turn off erros from appearing.

If nothing can be done so be it, i will just have to tell the user to remembe to press F2 on boot up in the morning.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I worked with a lot of Netvistas in a prior job, so I saw the error often. There is a way to clear it in bios....I just haven't done it in a while....if you can't find it in Bios, try disconnecting everything, removing internal battery, and clearing the whole board, reset to defaults and then reconnect and reboot....
    i remain, he who remains to be....