Options

What is in your toolkit?

royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
This is definitely something every administrator should have. Tools such as ERD Commander, MiniPE, a copy of every service pack, etc... I'm just curious to see what utilities you have found to be handy when you have worked on a network.
“For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks

Comments

• Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    ERD is my favorite... cannot even count how many times that's helped me. Plus various tools from the resourse kit.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just give me a linux boot disk, a broken screwdriver, a cup of hot coffee and Dell's 800 number...
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Just n active internet connection.

However, I currently acquired a cool flash drive to start holding stuff in.

lexar-lightning.jpg
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sprkymrk wrote:

Doh! Didn't see that thread. Thanks for the link!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Utilities from Sysinternals (pstools, filemon, regmon, handle, processexplorer, and on and on and on)
    Hyena
    MS Resource Kit
    Ultimate Boot CD
    Google
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    sprkymrk wrote:

Maybe we can get this tread merged with the original so that things can be searched and found in the future?

Until then, please post your comments in the original thread. Thank you.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?