Options

IPSEC

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
hi eveyone

I have a few questions about IPSEC on the 291 exam. I'm comfortable with configuring policies but I really do not want ot have to memorize all the main mode and quick mode statistics.

do I really have to memorize this??

I just hate memorizing information I know I can jsut look up in the real world

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would spend a bit of time working with it. While I doubt you'll see any questions regarding key differences between main mode and quick mode on the exam, it is still good to know it. Know the differences such as Main Mode creating the ISAKMP SA (Main Mode) that is used to send data over the IPSEC SA (quick mode). Know the different protocols that are used in both.

Here is a good site that will show you the steps that are in both Main Mode and Quick Mode. It will then go on to tell you what protocols and steps are used to complete both modes. It is a well written article that will probably help you.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0602.mspx
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    icroyal wrote:
    I would spend a bit of time working with it. While I doubt you'll see any questions regarding key differences between main mode and quick mode on the exam, it is still good to know it. Know the differences such as Main Mode creating the ISAKMP SA (Main Mode) that is used to send data over the IPSEC SA (quick mode). Know the different protocols that are used in both.

Here is a good site that will show you the steps that are in both Main Mode and Quick Mode. It will then go on to tell you what protocols and steps are used to complete both modes. It is a well written article that will probably help you.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0602.mspx

thnaks I jsut hare bering forced to memorize crap people look pu in the real world it is one of my pet peeveswith certs....but I guess it is a necessary eveil