Options

motherboards

skivesskives Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am looking for a motherboard that has a lot of PCI slots. the tower I have has 7 expansion slots. What motherbaord should I look at? I am putting a Intel Duo 2 Core processor in the computer and a GForce video card too.

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    what do you mean by 'alot of pci slots', with PCI-e x1, 32bit PCI will slowly probably surely be replaced soon.

Most recent desktop motherboards usually have 3, and at most 4 PCI slots. Usually 1 or 2 pci-e x1, and 1 or 2 pci-e x16.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    skivesskives Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ok well I have the Thermaltake Kandoff case what motherboard fits in that good.
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    Heres one thats not too bad. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130059

You know you dont NEED to have 7 slots right? Would you really use them all?
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Options
    your case will fit anything, ATX, BTX, extend BTX.
  • Options
    wow big horn im so jealous of your 291!
    GAH!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    ditto, I find that 3 PCI is usually more than enough, RAID controller, second NIC, Modem card...*maybe* one more for remote control if you're that crazy and need it in your home.
    Cessation wrote:
    wow big horn im so jealous of your 291!
    GAH!!!!!!!!
    dont be...work hard, and yours is just around the corner. Perhaps work on Network+/Server+ first before your 291, cause you still need it for MCSA, right?
  • Options
    I will end up working on and finishing my 291. But for now i am studying 294. After 294 I will go back to 291, 293, 297 and possibly 298.
    Wow, that seems like forever..