Options

Which CCSP to do first

general9mmgeneral9mm Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I have just completed ccna and just wanted to know whether the sequence of the ccsp courses matter.

I was think to doing the pix exam first.

Please let me know what you think.

many thank

Comments

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Which set of devices do you use the most/have the most access to?

My own advice would be go for the SNRS, it's based on the same hardware as the CCNA and serves as a direct security extension of it imho. This will ease you into it. In turn the overview lessons you learn on IPSEC will help with the next exams - and yes I do recommend the PIX next (commonality in some routing functionality, similar CLI to the IOS for v7.x of the software and major IPSEC usage), from there the CSVPN (no CLI to speak of but knowing IPSEC from the previous courses is half the battle, also if you managed to get a solid grip on certificates along the way you'll be well prepared).
    After that SND or IPS, havent done either yet (SND is tomorrow) so I won't comment.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    r3alityc0d3rr3alityc0d3r Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the SND first since it seemed to be a general overview of all the different tests for CCSP. I'm glad I started with this one since it seemed very easy imho.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    router# write erase
    router# reload