Options

Slayed the "Beast" on First Try!

Crash06Crash06 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
The questions were tough (and somewhat confusing), but fortunately I pulled away with a 780 on my first try. Not the best score, but I am very happy to be moving forward. Used the MS Press Book, Transcenders, home lab, and work environment for preparation.

The test had only 3 sims. Was hoping for more since they tend to be straight-forward and more relevant to the duties of a sysadmin. I wonder if M$ has considered going all sims for exams.....

Comments

• Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Good job!!

icon_thumright.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude........

What material did you use to study?
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    copngrats

how do the sims compare to the transcender sims

I've noticed the transcender sims have things like configure the entire DNS for this domain and the appropiate records

are the sim the same on the cert because when I did my 290 I think it was only 1or 2 options to configure per sim the ones I"m seeing in the transcender makes me configure 4-5 options for a paticular taks in alot of cases. I think thje 4-5 optinos is great casue yuo hve to be able to do everything not jsut guess
  • Options
    "Used the MS Press Book, Transcenders, home lab, and work environment for preparation."
  • Options
    The sims on the test were not as time-consuming as Transcender made them out to be. Much like the 290, very straight-forward requirements for completing each sim.
  • Options
    PhilippatosPhilippatos Inactive Imported Users Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wonder if M$ has considered going all sims for exams.....

I got NO sims on my MCTS test. icon_sad.gif I don't know what shakeup happened at MS, but IMHO the "new generation" of certs is a step backwards.

Congrats on passing BTW.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I'm sitting this exam in the middle of january btw.. Looking forward to slay the beast ;)
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    congrats on the pass....first time passing probably means you really know your stuff..

Good job.
    Jack of all trades, master of none