Options

confused after CCNA

willitanhwillitanh Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greeting to all,

I've just passed CCNA but confused which certification to go...
I don't think to take CCNP in a short time, maybe a year before my CCNA certificate going to expire cos i think it's useless as i don't have a proper equipment to play around.
Any input on Comptia certifications, such as, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, etc...
Thanks for the reply....

Comments

• Options
    GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    I guess it really all comes down to personal preference, but I'd say getting network+ after ccna is a little redundant. Employeers will look at the ccna, and not even notice the net+. I will tell you from personal expierience though, that right now the anything cisco is as good as gold. There a million msce's flipping burgers because the market is saturated, but cisco get's possible employeers to listen. So even if CCNP isn't what you want right now, have you thought about CCDA?
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    willitanh wrote:
    Greeting to all,

I've just passed CCNA but confused which certification to go...
    I don't think to take CCNP in a short time, maybe a year before my CCNA certificate going to expire cos i think it's useless as i don't have a proper equipment to play around.
    Any input on Comptia certifications, such as, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, etc...
    Thanks for the reply....

What kind of IT work do you want to do? What kind of company do you want to work for?
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    willitanhwillitanh Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the inputs...
    Currently i'm working on technical site,just barely on hardware. To get the Cisco certification, cos i'm thinking myself to migrate into networking or communication line..
    I'm not quite sure about CCDA, cos i think CCDA just as a design perspective. The one probably i'll look into perhaps will be i-Net+.
    How would you guys out there will comment on it?
    Thanks..