Confused and desperate...

gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
Ok This is my situation....
I was a Field tech for 5 years proving hardware support for desktops and laptops... i am already A+ certified and am almost ready for the network+ exam...i had to move to a different state and got a job non IT related. I am trying to get back but the pay for what i used to do is not good enough... My question is this: Whats the best way for me to go Microsoft or cisco? meaning MCP or CCNA... i dont have a problem going either way, just dont know which onw will get me back in the field making a moderate to good income... Any input will be really appreciated...
‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
you'll never get it done"

Comments

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My question is this: Whats the best way for me to go Microsoft or cisco? meaning MCP or CCNA

In my opinion whatever you have experience with would be the best way to go first. Meaning if you work with Windows you would go for MCP/MCSA/MCSE and if you work with Cisco devices you would go for CCNA/CCNP, also, you might want to consider whatever interests you the most. MCP would be easier to get than CCNA, and keep in mind that A+ and Network+ count toward MCSA.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • gaby_978gaby_978 Member Posts: 222
    thank you very much for your input..I think ill go that route.
    ‎"If you spend too much time thinking about a thing,
    you'll never get it done"
  • cburnhamcburnham Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is the path for the MCP?