Options

test simulations

westy_onewesty_one Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have taken the CCNA 3 times. I have gotten a 790,847 and 843. Very frustrated with the test simulations (this is where I am having difficulty's). I used the Boson Netsim 6.0 CCNP sim and the routersim by Lamelle. I have completed all the labs and, I have gone through the Cisco books (Wendell Odem) and the Sybex (Todd Lamelle) books several times. But still coming up short on the test simulations. I have been using the sims because I really cant afford any additional hardware right now. Any suggestions as to how I can get over this issue I am having with the simulations would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Same @#$% different day, and the it starts all over again......Isn't this fun.

Comments

• Options
    mp3spymp3spy Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    westy_one wrote:
    Hi,

I have taken the CCNA 3 times. I have gotten a 790,847 and 843. Very frustrated with the test simulations (this is where I am having difficulty's). I used the Boson Netsim 6.0 CCNP sim and the routersim by Lamelle. I have completed all the labs and, I have gone through the Cisco books (Wendell Odem) and the Sybex (Todd Lamelle) books several times. But still coming up short on the test simulations. I have been using the sims because I really cant afford any additional hardware right now. Any suggestions as to how I can get over this issue I am having with the simulations would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I'm totally with you man..I failed the exam today for the 2nd time. I will be rescheduling sometime next month. There IS ONE simulation on there that is rough. The way they design the simulation where you can't toggle between the topology without disconnecting your telnet session is rediculous. Toggling between the topology and the router interface alone is horrible. The other simualations are very simple and you should know how to tackle them easily. I just need to study some more!! Perseverance man!!! Perseverance!!!!
    Ok CCNA BREAK IS OVER, TIME FOR CCSP!!!
  • Options
    rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    If you can look at getting the Trancender test sim. It has sims that are set out in the exact same format as the real test.

There is no substitute for real equipment however...
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net