Am I SOL?

535irob535irob Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
I had to take the old A+ Core exam for school about 1 week ago...I passed....Now, the school has updated their requirements for me, and I have to take the 220-206 exam. After I take this exam can I call myself fully A+ Certified? or will I have to go take the essentials exam?

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    You can call yourself whatever you'd like, but whatever CompTIA has you listed as is what you are and anything else would be lying.

So, if you are requried to pass 2 exams of a particular exam set, then that will be what you need to do if you wish to hold the certificate....without the second exam, in 90 days the exam you took will not mean anything as both exams must be passed within 90 days to become 'certified'.

Things like this happen, it sucks when it is yourself, but it happens...take whatever the new requirements are and move forward. I've had several friends who didn't complete their college courses in the normal 4 years and as the electives changed they had to add classes - this costs $$$ too. Those of us who stayed on course, finished in 4 years or less (taking overloads) and didn't spend money we didn't plan to spend.

The 2003 exam has been extended until June 2007:
    http://certification.comptia.org/a/New_A_Calendar.aspx

So I'm not sure why you are unable to complete the exam?? I wouldn't argue with them too much, just get it done and start looking forward you other exams.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but this is another reason I'm a fan of taking the exams back to back.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • 535irob535irob Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your reply. I most likley will end up taking both the OS test for 2003 and the 220-206 exam. The only bad think is that I will havr to pay for the 2003 OS test, while the 220-206 will be paid for by the school.
    Well, I've had to pay for all my exams, so if you are getting 'ONE' exam covered....consider yourself ahead of most ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Jedi KnightJedi Knight Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Well, I've had to pay for all my exams, so if you are getting 'ONE' exam covered....consider yourself ahead of most ;)

considering tuition cost compared to the cost of just paying for the exams , he's probably not feeling so lucky .
    Plantwiz wrote:

considering tuition cost compared to the cost of just paying for the exams , he's probably not feeling so lucky .

Education and the expenses required to obtain said eduction are a part of life. I've paid 100% for all my education and continue to invest in books/resources to stay with the times. You'll find that I'm not the exception but the norm for anyone looking to stay employable.

If you are in college, you can work. I did as did most of my friends and co-workers. If you think getting through life means only focusing on 1 event in your life at a time....you may in for a rude awakening, as the challenges after college intensify.

Tuition is not high if you value the education you receive in the process. If it's too 'high' for your tastes go elsewhere or study on-the-fly....then try to explain your 'degree'.

Not everyone deserves to go to college and not everyone needs to go. The cost of a few books and a few certification exams that can show a 'baseline' of your skill is a small cost.
    Plantwiz
    _____

• theICEtheICE Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sometimes Simple questions are better answered with simple answers.