Options

NewComer to site. Questions

ishgotbikeishgotbike Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

Just got my BA in CIS and i work in the IT field with an interest in networking. I found this site for help in my networking classes and the Knowledge all you guys have is great. I like the network field and am ready to start the certification process. Would like to know what i should look out for and what certs you guys would recommend. My final topics in school were cisco networking and Advanced LAN concepts (NET+ Type work) so i kinda am leaning to getting a Network+ and CCNA. Like i stated before would like to know what to look out for?, Study books i should look at?, that type of stuff. Will dig into this site more but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys,

ISH
Ish
To improve is to change; to perfect is to change often.

CCNP: Switch [x ] Route [ ] T-Shoot [ ]

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    welcome to the site!

Network+ is a good choice, the technotes available here:
    http://www.techexams.net/co_netplus.shtml should give you a good start.

good luck!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
    Hi welcome to the forum. I think a Network+ cert would be the place to start. It seems you are on the same track as I am with newtorking so I would also recommend going for the CCNA after Network+. That's what I am going to do. Good luck to you and Happy New Year
    "Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."
  • Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    Yep, and me too, I have Network+ and am preparing for the CCNA at the moment icon_lol.gif
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • Options
    ishgotbikeishgotbike Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys you have been very helpful. I saw and printed the technotes for study purposes and will get on it with this test. Anyone know any study groups or cheap classes in NYC to go to? Should i schedule the test beforehand? How much time do you recommend to schedule in advance if so?
    Ish
    To improve is to change; to perfect is to change often.

CCNP: Switch [x ] Route [ ] T-Shoot [ ]
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    welcome to the site as well
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons