Options

Cisco Press Flash Cards Exam Engine?

djmddjmd Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just wondering if anyone here uses the Exam Engine that comes with the Cisco Press CCNA Flash Cards book? I am taking the test in two weeks and wondering if it is a good idea to use this as "final preparation." I have already sat the exam once but don't remember how close the real questions were to this. Some of the questions seem a little out of date - 1900 stuff really - but in general I feel like I've learned more in the few days I've been hammering away at these questions than the months I spent reading. I'm consistently scoring around 90 and hope to bring that into the 95 range before I go back for the exam again.

Any other suggestions for the "last two weeks" of prep would be appreciated. I really don't wanna fail again. :)

Comments

• Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    1) Lab work
    2) STP & VLAN
    3) More Lab work
    4) Routing Protocols
    5) More Lab work
    6) WAN
    7) You've geussed it... More Lab work.

And good luck on the exam.
    Kam.
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As far as prep goes, I'd do the following:

Start off your study session by taking a few practice tests. I like the freebie exams at the Cisco Prep Center, as well as the exams here and the ones that come on the Sybex CCNA book's CD. Once you've taken a few practice tests go through a few labs. I typically start by designing a lab that lets me repeat what I want to study many times. For example, my routing protocol's virtual lab consists of eight or so routers. I could get by with two or three, but the more I have the more I have to repeat the process, the more I remember it. If I'm studying frame relay I'll make a fully meshed network so that I can set up frame on a larger system. If you want to study STP, use a lot of switches. The same goes for access lists and VLANs, too. When you're done drilling labs, read over material that gave you trouble that day. When you're comfortable enough with all of the material to take the test, schedule it and ace it icon_thumright.gif
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/