Options

Flash drive partition

karson wongkarson wong Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guy,

Do any one know how to retrive the partition back?
I had accidentally deleted the partition when installed the Win XP Pro in the bule screen formatting page. At that time the flash drive was in the USB slot. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    At a guess you could try using the XP Disk Management. I have seen people format them but never blow away the partition before.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Just do a google search. There are dozens of data recovery programs out there that will do everything from recreating partitions to scanning the whole HD and doing a RAW recover on whatever it can find.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Ohh yeah i forgot to add

Dont feel bad i did the exact same thing one day. I was installing Win 2003 over a HD that had previously been running Fedora. When it came time to partition and format i didnt even look over it i just deleted all the partitions as quickly as possible.

Luckily i didnt have anything worth trying to recover so i just repartition/formatted and went on.
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    He's talking about a USB flash drive, not a hard drive...

I don't how you even deleted the partition to begin with. I just plugged one of my flash drives in and tried to delete the partition through Disk Management, and it's not even an option...
  • Options
    capy_12090capy_12090 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This software was used in an article I saw the other day to recover data from flash drives:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
  • Options
    He's talking about a USB flash drive, not a hard drive...

I don't how you even deleted the partition to begin with. I just plugged one of my flash drives in and tried to delete the partition through Disk Management, and it's not even an option...

The situation was I reinstalled the XP. When the Blue screen came up it displayed both the hard drive's old partition and the flash drive's partition. I didn't noted that and pressed deleted all. After that my flash drive never can appear again. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    You can recover files from a flash drive with certain tools, but you will not recover the partition. If using the XP Disk Management can not help I suggest contacting the manufacturer - or at least reading their FAQs.
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    Thank you all you guy!

XP disk mamagement can get back the partition but data were lost. Never mind, it just some backup data!

Once Thank you so much!
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Try this program: http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

It's freeware and I use the file recovery for HDD/FD's

-Ken
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    RussS wrote:
    If using the XP Disk Management can not help I suggest contacting the manufacturer - or at least reading their FAQs.

Erm... Russ? Have you re-read that bud? icon_lol.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sie wrote:
    RussS wrote:
    If using the XP Disk Management can not help I suggest contacting the manufacturer - or at least reading their FAQs.

Erm... Russ? Have you re-read that bud? icon_lol.gif

That utility that RussS is referring to is now coming preloaded with most versions of a Wife. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Options
    ahem .... *cough* .... edited icon_redface.gif
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,036 Admin
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So, how do we partition USB flash drive. I got a 8G and want to partition it.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    Testdisk
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks.

Where do I find out the cylinder/head/sector information? Look like I have to input all of those information from beginning (cylinder/head/sector) to end (cylinder/head/sector).

I'm looking forward to 2GB (R) and 6GB (LE).

How do I compute them using the Testdisk?
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn