Options

Other Great Sites for Asking Questions?

cussetacusseta Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been using Techexams.net for a while now and it has been absolutely GREAT!! It has helped with my A+, Net+, and my MCP. But... Being a site dedicated to exams (tech"exams".net), I feel like I might be "over"-using (abusing) this site by asking many technical questions that have NOTHING to do with certification-related material. So I guess my question is, "Are there any sites out there that enable you to ask broad, technical, computer-based questions AND (<-- BIG AND) provide the same excellent feedback that techexams.net provides?" I've checked out a couple sites, but none that I've liked as much as this one. Thanks!
Sometimes you've got to prove to your friends that you're still worth a damn!

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You can ask whatever you like here. There's a couple of forums for that. Anyway, out of all the sites there are, I frequent this one, and MCMCSE.com the most.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tony0101tony0101 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I went there and they want money. I bet this forum is better and it is free.
    Say Hello To MY little friend!!!
    TONY Cleaveland
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not trying to discredit this site in any way but there are a lot more members there and so far I've yet to be let down by it.
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    www.icertify.net is good, there are not that many people that post there anymore it seems but it is still a good site.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you do not mind the silly mind games that spring up sometimes (constant intel v. AMD battles) tomshardware is very active. http://forumz.tomshardware.com/index.php

However you won't find anything related to certs simply hardware and software and related topics like monster game machines and how to tune games.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    cusseta wrote:
    I've been using Techexams.net for a while now and it has been absolutely GREAT!! It has helped with my A+, Net+, and my MCP. But... Being a site dedicated to exams (tech"exams".net), I feel like I might be "over"-using (abusing) this site by asking many technical questions that have NOTHING to do with certification-related material.
    Thanks for the kind words about the site, and don't worry about over-using the forums. The off-topic forum means "off the certificaiton topic" but is for technology related questions and discussion. That said, I like Expert-Exchange.com too.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    For Unix/Linux questions that are a little off-the-wall, I hit up Linux Questions. Other than that, I tend to stick to this site, and the actual vendor sites, like Cisco's, Microsoft's, and whatever other software or product I'm using. Usually, going to the source is the best "first stop" for most issues, then I go and ask certified (sometimes read "certifiable") professionals for advice, since it's always nice to have some peers to bounce questions and ideas off of.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    cussetacusseta Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As always, thanks for the responses. I'll have fun checking out all these sites :D
    Sometimes you've got to prove to your friends that you're still worth a damn!
  • Options
    CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    tony0101 wrote:
    I went there and they want money. I bet this forum is better and it is free.

Actually did you know that at experts exchange you can google it and then hit the "Cached" button and still see what the answers are without paying?
    Hope I dont get in trouble for that one :)
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.