Options

Intern for NASA, a good thing?

yoyomamas2yoyomamas2 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just been selected to become a System Administrator intern at NASA. Even though i have a few Microsoft Certs and am looking to go MCSE, i have zero expierience in the field. Here is part of the internship letter:
SUBJECT: Confirmation of Acceptance

Welcome to a very special year! It is a great pleasure for us to officially welcome you to the Internship Program. We expect that the coming year will be an exciting one for you. Your supervisor and our staff will do all that we can to offer you a stimulating and satisfying work situation, and we are confident that you will provide the necessary enthusiasm and commitment to make the experience a rewarding one.

We will expect you for Orientation. Please arrive at the NASA Research Center Visitor Registration and Employee Badging Office

I think this is good for me because i need to get some expierience in the field. What do the rest of you think?

Thanks in advance...

P.s. It's paid slightly and it's for 1 year

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    An intership with NASA as a Sys Admin sounds like a great opportunity, Congrats and good luck!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sounds like a great opportunity. Congrats! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    I have a decent job, but would almost trade it for that opportunity.

Having worked at NASA has never hurt anyones resume.

Congrats and learn all you can.
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    Definately a great oppurtunity to learn alot

make sure you soak up as much knowledge as you can and show how interested you are... woh knows maybe it will be extended if you show your skill set
  • Options
    tony0101tony0101 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am so jealous!!!! That is such a great oppertunity to work with NASA. You can garantee that it will improve your resume substantally.
    Say Hello To MY little friend!!!
    TONY Cleaveland
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very good opportunity. Congratulations and best of luck to you!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would love to work for NASA. My father worked for NASA. He would take me there to visit as I was growing up. I thought it was such a cool and fascinating place.

Where are you located?
  • Options
    oldbarneyoldbarney Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    NASA IT internship offer? Run, not walk, to that one. Congratulations.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    yoyomamas2 wrote:

I think this is good for me

if you like NASA
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?