Options

Help !

pjrousepjrouse Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've got 2 different books

Microsoft - Windows 2000 Pro - Readiness Review

and

Mike Myers Passport - Windows 2000

both come with CDs with test Q's on etc. Now the M/Soft one is very good and plain and simple in terms of the practice Q's but the other one is very tricky and includes questions that talk about OU's etc.

I've also used some free tools from MeasureUp.com and examdrill.com and both these had lots of Q's involving Domains and OU's etc.

I was led to believe that the 70-210 exam mainly focuses on WIN2K in a workgroup environment and that you dont need to know a lot about Group Policy/OU's/Domains etc etc.

Can anyone help - I am looking to take the exam at a prometric test centre soon - which of the 2 books and other resources I've used most closely resembles the real thing ?

As I'm close to booking but dont want to waste my entry fee if I'm not fully prepared (I would also rather not spend any more cash or additional resources if at all possible).

Thanks for any help you may offer.

Paul Rouse
VCP5-DCV
MCSE Server 2012
MCITP: Enterprise Administrator - Server 2008
Network+

Comments

• Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    I can only speak from my own experience when sitting 210 in July, and from memory OU's & Domains were included within the scope of 210. Not in the sense of how to configure OU's & AD objects but more the knowledge that if the workstation isnt producing the expected results ie security policy, something within a GPO could be affecting the outcome.

What I did, and recommend is to study for 210 & 215 together, therefore you will experience the "complete" environment, sit and pass 210 then sortly after sit 215 which will be a breeze. As a fair few questions will be "doubled" up.

Thats my view - any others ?
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you will definately need to know about OUs and Domains. I just took it yesterday and there was alot of stuff on there dealing with those two concepts.

--Cole
  • Options
    cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    You really only need to understand them in very basic terms. Just understanding their function should be enough to pass 70-210, as it relates to the client OS and not the server. Don't expect to have any in depth questions on these topics.

Cheeblie
  • Options
    DaPunnisherDaPunnisher Member Posts: 108
    I read the Microsoft - Windows 2000 Pro - Readiness Review and thought it was OK. I didn't get a single question that the readiness review covered in their practice tests.