Options

Please advice me.

xp_proxp_pro Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello my dear friends,

First of all i want to thank you all for this great information. sharing your experience with bigeners like me too.

i passed my 70-272 and i had 70-271 too 2 months ago. now the question is.

will they send me a new certifications ? do i have to call microsoft to have them combine this 2 certification ?
MCP certified , A+ certified, MCDST

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    login to your MCP member's site, verify your address, and request a welcome kit.

https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I know, MCTS..., MCDST...., MCSD..., it can be very confusing. The 70-272 and 70-271 exam are for the MCDST certification, not for the ones you posted this topic in, so I moved it to the MCDST forums. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    thanks you guys great feedback..

now that i have 3 certifications A+ and MCP and MCDST , what is my next exam would be? i mean i have the time.

what do you advice ? how can i combine some of this certifications with new one to gain other certifications ?

• Options
    Thanks webmaster

you rock man icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    xp_pro wrote:
    what do you advice ? how can i combine some of this certifications with new one to gain other certifications ?

you could consider MCSA perhaps? it requires 4 exams, but your MCDST certificate counts as one exam in MCSA, so three more exams. Check for more information:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/default.mspx

your situation is very similar to mine back in Summer 2006, I was A+ certified, and I had just finished MCDST. I decided to also get Network+ to gain the networking fundamentals, and only very recently did I finish my MCSA certification.

Good luck~
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    xp_pro wrote:

now that i have 3 certifications A+ and MCP and MCDST , what is my next exam would be? i mean i have the time.

Technically, you have two certs. MCP isn't really a cert, it's more of a designation. The MCDST will count as an elective towards MCSA 2K. Other than that, you would have to take more exams on a seperate track to obtain more full certs....which to study for and take depends on where you're looking to go in IT.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Technically, you have two certs. MCP isn't really a cert, it's more of a designation. The MCDST will count as an elective towards MCSA 2K. Other than that, you would have to take more exams on a seperate track to obtain more full certs....which to study for and take depends on where you're looking to go in IT.....

technically, really, actually, literally, probably, ... he has three certs. MCP refers to both the certification program, and the single exam certificate.
    He wrote compTIA hardware, and software exams to get 1st cert, A+
    wrote 70-271 for MCP (his 2nd), and wrote 70-272 for MCDST (his 3rd).

also, MCDST counts as elective towards MCSA on 2000 and/or 2003, not just 2000.
  • Options
    mvastarellimvastarelli Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    xp_pro wrote:

I think you should swing for the CompTIA Network+ test next, especially if you're going towards the IT route (which your cert trail suggests). The Network+ test wasn't that bad, and the subject material covers a LOT of ground, much of which is very relevant, regardless of which field you get into eventually.

Of all of the certifications I've gotten, the Network+ and Security+ were the most fun to get, but Security+ is a topic for another day.
    CompTIA Tests: 220-301, 220-302, N10-003, SY0-101
    Microsoft Tests: 70-270, 70-271, 70-272, 70-536, 70-526, 70-502
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, first of all. Second, I totally agree with mvastarelli, go for the Network+ next. It'll give you a little more insight into networking technologies, and some good foundation to the kind of work you'll see as a helpdesk tech. It's also a great stepping-stone to the next level of certs, like MCSA and CCNA. I could also recommend you take a look at Linux+, if you're looking to round out your skills and get your hands on something new.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    login to your MCP member's site, verify your address, and request a welcome kit.

https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp

Thank you very much i would of waited weeks for nothing, i went to the link and i orderd hit :)

great.
  • Options
    Hey

mvastarelli, Slowhand, bighornsheep Thanks you for your input.

i'll be going to Network+ next

appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Not a problem. Good luck on the Network+, let us know how it goes.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.