Options

Just introducing myself

aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
Morning,

Just thought i'd drop in and say hi. :) I've been browsing this board for a couple of months now and felt it was time to say hello.

I've just started studying for my CCNA and looking at some of the questions and answers on this board, I can see it's going to prove a wonderful resource should I need any help.

I'm planning on taking the two-step route when it comes to the exam because I absolutly suck at exams. I feel I can get up to speed with the INTRO section, sit the exam (and hopefully pass), then move onto the ICND. This may sound like hassle, but it's the lesser of the two evils for me.

Regards,

Stuart.
Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S

Comments

• Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the forums. I'm studying for my CCNA also and have booked to sit in March.

Do you have any timescales to obtain the CCNA or are you just going to work at your own pace until you're ready?

Do you work in the industry or are you new to IT/Networking?

Do you have a lab setup or plan to use a simulator for router/switch labs?

Malc
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    It is about time that you said hello ! :D LOL.

Good luck with your studies and welcome aboard.

- Optimus
  • Options
    malcybood wrote:
    Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the forums. I'm studying for my CCNA also and have booked to sit in March.

Do you have any timescales to obtain the CCNA or are you just going to work at your own pace until you're ready?

Do you work in the industry or are you new to IT/Networking?

Do you have a lab setup or plan to use a simulator for router/switch labs?

Malc
    I want to work at my own pace. I currently work evening shifts in export brokerage so I have 3 - 4 hours a day I can put aside to study.

I don't work in the industry as such, however i've been involved in IT for over 7 years. I taught myself how to build systems and took it from there. I also install and configure (on a small scale) wireless and wired networks for people, build and upgrade systems, and have written a bespoke webbased PHP/MySQL project for someone (wasn't too keen on that). During college however I discovered I enjoyed working with networks and the whole setup, configuration, troubleshooting etc (yes you can call me mad!). Finding it hard to break into the industry properly without any real experience is a bugger, so I decided to get certified in an area I enjoy working in and here I am.

As for hardware i'm not sure yet. I've noticed there are a couple of companies on the web offering rack time so I may look at those. I also have a copy of Packet Tracer v3 which came with some Cisco books I got (although I see from these forums v4 has been released). I suppose i'll see how I go. If things go well and the rack time helps me learn it, then ok, if not, i'll start looking at buying some equipment.

Regards,

Stuart.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
  • Options
    optimus wrote:
    It is about time that you said hello ! :D LOL.

Good luck with your studies and welcome aboard.

- Optimus
    Thanks Optimus. :)

Regards,

Stuart.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Welcome aboard!!
    i remain, he who remains to be....