Options

Outlook push technology

amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
Hi,

Trying to sort something at work that I have very little knowledge off.

We are currently running outlook web access to the outside world. Its running over the standard 443 SSL port. We have a valid SSL certificate installed/purchased. All our outside staff can access it fine via HTTPS. We can also view OWA via a PDA fine.

However !!!! icon_redface.gif

We are trying to use the PUSH technology feature in exchange to get the server to send the emails rather than us going and picking them up.

I have no idea how to really set this in motion on either the server side ( but I think were right according to MS ) but mainly the PDA side.

Any help would go a long way

PLEEEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE ( need begging icon )
Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )

Comments

• Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey,

I can't give you direct advice on setting this up in an MS environment as we use Novell Groupwise and Notifylink Server (Equivelent to MS Push/Exchange Activesync web admin server).

This link seems to explain how to set everything up from the 2003 server end to the device configuration. Down the right hand side of the article has all of the information you require.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/solutionaccelerators/mobile/deploy/msfp_overview.mspx?pf=true

Malc
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have no idea how to really set this in motion on either the server side ( but I think were right according to MS ) but mainly the PDA side.

Check out section 8 on the link above.....The device side, it appears all you should have to do is configure the network settings in ActiveSync:

"To connect a Windows Mobile 5.0-based device to an Exchange server
    On the Home screen, choose Start, choose ActiveSync, choose Menu, and then choose the Configure Server tab. If the mobile device has not yet been synchronized with Exchange Server, Add Server Source… will be the available option.

In Serveraddress, enter the name of the server that is running Exchange, and then choose Next.

Enter your user name, password, and domain name, and then choose Next.

If you want the mobile device to save your password so that you will not need to enter it again the next time that you connect your mobile device to Exchange, select the Savepassword check box.

Select the check boxes for the types of information items that you want to synchronize with Exchange Server.

To change available synchronization settings, select the type of information that you want to synchronize, choose Menu, and then choose Settings.

To change the rules for resolving synchronization conflicts, choose Menu, and then choose Advanced.

Choose Finish."

Quoted from the above link section 8, Manage and Configure mobile devices
  • Options
    thanks for replys

I think its something to do with security in IIS
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    In addition to the SSL cert for the IIS site, make sure you also have the root certificate that corresponds to that SSL cert installed on the mobile device.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    that bits done :D