Passed today!

djmddjmd Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Oh have I been looking forward to this post. I got it today finally. Second attempt. Not a glorious score, but not really caring about that :P

Was managing my time great - I had 10 questions left with 30 minutes on the clock, and was confident that I was passing... then got hit with another sim that seemed basic but totally stumpted me. Not knowing if another sim was coming down the pipe, I gave up on it but never saw another sim and ended with over 15 minutes left. Anyway, that's neither here nor there.

For the core material I used Odom's books pretty much exclusively... used boson netsim (have never touched a real router) but what I think really helped was when it came time to studying exam questions I used as many sources as possible. Cisco Press flash cards, sybex exam cram, everything on the CCNA prep center, and wherever else I could get questions. Every different source pointed out a different weak point in my knowledge.

ahhhhh.... looking forward to being able to sleep again.

What's next? CWNA, then linux+ perhaps... then yes, CCNP. I get no experience in my current job with cisco and don't want to forget it all... so I think NP is the only way to go on that.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement on here!

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    grats and thanks for the feeback. How did you manage to have 30 mins left with only 10 questions to go? Just knowing your stuff or some other strategy ?
    Kam.
  • djmddjmd Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kaminsky wrote:
    grats and thanks for the feeback. How did you manage to have 30 mins left with only 10 questions to go? Just knowing your stuff or some other strategy ?

Thanks!

I spent a lot of time with boson practice exams (via Cisco Press Flash Cards) and got to the point where I was finishing the 50 question tests in about 25 minutes. Not that it was a great thing - I thought it was going to force me to go too fast on the multi choice questions. But when it came down to it, the multi choice questions on the real exam just seemed obvious to me.

The other simulations I had ate up some time but I think I got em ok... so I must have missed some multi choice. Kinda sucks not knowing where your downfalls were... but that's all part of the game I guess.
  • DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • bencherbencher Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job, and thanks for the inside.
  • westy_onewesty_one Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Way To go DJ!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Do the CCNP next !!! I am just starting the BSCI, and hey checkout the LPI if you want to do a linux cert. It holds more weight than the Linux+

:D:):D
    Same @#$% different day, and the it starts all over again......Isn't this fun.
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Congratulations ! icon_wink.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice Job!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    Congrats...