Options

what do youdo for final preparation

SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
what do yu find works best or the final weeks leading up to this exam

I know my stuff well now there are a few things I'm iffy on such as the main mode and quick mode statiics for ipsec (I just can't force my self to memorize them).

but I'm scoring well on the practice exams and Im' comfy with DNS,DHCP, IPSEC, WSUS optinos and configurations.

at this point I jsut need some tips on wrapping it all up for the next few weeks and writnhig in the fisrt week of Feb

Comments

• Options
    mzgavcmzgavc Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What I did for my 70-290 exam was look up case studies and try to mimic them through my lab.

ie

Set up users. Assign permissions. Log in as them, try to access what i was given access to. Set up scripts to automatically log them into the proper shares. Set up fake printers for them.

Set up a small office environment with pooled printers.

Technically just make up small things for you to do that you can achieve in an hour or 2 for a few days.

It helped me a HUGE deal when presented with the 5 sims.

Hopefully you can apply this to 291.
  • Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    I've doner lots of lab work.... and soem rela wordl stuff too

I just mainly need tips in getting the nitty gritty stuff into my head
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I spend the last week on just doing tons of labs and trying to mix in practice exams. I really don't focus on doing practice exams too much. If there are webcasts, I will watch them, and go back and do labs on them. I also do labs on pretty much everything that was covered in the book. So, in short, I try to do as many labs as humanly possible.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks